bushden

YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 OF THESE OR YOU ARE A NEWBEE

Cool pic and thanks for sharing. I dont personally have any of my own but do have some of my uncles. He cant hunt anymore and i may never see anymore after these. 97 is alot!

Kinda miss those days of going to the check station and filling out the log book before the person walked out with you to tag the deer. Times change.

• Agree 1

I have some laying around here and there. Most of my early day deer hunting was out of state in places like PA where they didn’t issue tags. But I do have a bunch from NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are more floating around.  Ran out of room on the ring.  Some PA paper tags too.  146 to date.

IMG_6834.JPG

Edited by Greybeard
  • Like 2

i too have some hanging on some antlers. i also miss it. i believe you can still get them through fish and game

Now we need automated check-in for turkeys - I've already played that game several times of driving 30 minutes out of my way to find a check-in station that is still open.

• Like 1

Reminiscing of days of yore they they were special times! My first seal ever was affixed by Lenny cardinal of my first harvest ever on my birthday September 29th,age 14 thank you for posting and sharing your folklore

3 hours ago, toxo said:

Do you remember when the N.J.  licence said Deer or Bear?

I'm way to young to remember that, but I remember my father mentioning that when he started hunting in NJ, the license was for "Big Game" which included bear or deer.

• Like 1

Yes the online check in is convenient but I do miss the old metal tags. I Euro many of my heads and liked hanging the tag on the antler. Now I shove the paper tag where the spine was.