IGNORED

Basement drainage and waterproofing near Philly?

BowhunterNJ

Anyone know a good, honest company that specializes in basement and foundation drainage and waterproofing in the Philly area?  My sister has water issues at her house and some guy just tried to pressure her into a contract with a "good tonight only" pricing.  Told her to tell him to take a hike, don't trust anyone who does that.  

• 1 year later...

Quality First Basements. Every time it rained my basement would flood and smell musty. I would be wet vacuuming it for two days afterwards and have two dehumidifiers running for a week. I had them come in and never had a drop since. I could put down wall to wall carpeting if I wanted. It looks beautiful and smells great.

Before they came in I would have had to reduce the market price of my house by $50k, now I can add $50k to the market price. Before I wanted to sell the house because of the basement, now I want to keep the house because of the basement. They warranty the work for the life of the house and the warranty is transferable to the future owners. 

My son had a flip house with in Lacey Twp with a crawl space that had a foot of standing water in it all the time. He had to replace 40 joists and sub flooring. I recommended Quality First. No more water. I didn't think it could be possible.

I am no salesman. I can't recommend this company highly enough. If I ever sell and buy another house they are the first people I am going to call. I had this done about 3 years ago and have never had a problem or a drop of water since.

Good luck

Gil

PS - if you are ever in Ocean County and want to see what they did PM me and I will show you mine.

Thanks @GilV!  I'm still behind on doing the basement reno, but whenever I tackle it, I'll have to get the moisture aspect figured out.  No standing water, just major humidity swings that I keep under control with a dehumidifier.  Just fear if I were to enclose the foundation walls with studded walls and sheetrock that mold would develop.  I'll definitely reach out to them for a review when it's time! :up:

Here is what I had done. I installed a Sanidry in the basement along with the covering on the walls, french drains, 3 sub pumps. 2 sub pumps are on separate circuits and if the power goes out I have a battery backup pump. If you look at the Sanidry it keeps my basement at 45 degrees humility.

I had another house where we had a sub pump and we had a bad storm (6 inches of rain). The power went and the sub pump went out. I had 6 inches of water in my basement. It ruined a Orvis bamboo rod I had and lots of hunting fishing equipment. You can tell I hate water in my basement.

Checkout the SaniDry. It is not only a dehumidifier it is a air purifier. 90% of the air in the house comes from the basement if you have forced hot air or central air with the air handler in the basement.

Good luck

Gil

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

Quality First Basements. Every time it rained my basement would flood and smell musty. I would be wet vacuuming it for two days afterwards and have two dehumidifiers running for a week. I had them come in and never had a drop since. I could put down wall to wall carpeting if I wanted. It looks beautiful and smells great.
Before they came in I would have had to reduce the market price of my house by $50k, now I can add $50k to the market price. Before I wanted to sell the house because of the basement, now I want to keep the house because of the basement. They warranty the work for the life of the house and the warranty is transferable to the future owners. 
My son had a flip house with in Lacey Twp with a crawl space that had a foot of standing water in it all the time. He had to replace 40 joists and sub flooring. I recommended Quality First. No more water. I didn't think it could be possible.
I am no salesman. I can't recommend this company highly enough. If I ever sell and buy another house they are the first people I am going to call. I had this done about 3 years ago and have never had a problem or a drop of water since.
Good luck
Gil
PS - if you are ever in Ocean County and want to see what they did PM me and I will show you mine.

Hey GilV - what did the Quality First system cost you to install?

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

They put a mechanically attached moisture barrier (thick) on the walls so all the water that comes through the block foundation get trapped behind the wall and drains into their proprietary french drains. If you look at the bottom of the wall you will see it goes behind the lip of the french drains. They put in a sub pump trap and the three commercial sub pumps with check valves. Two electric, one battery and a smart switch which can tell if a sub pump isn't working. If there is no power they installed a battery backup, which gets triggered through the switch. It also keeps the battery charged through the switch.  They routed it outside the house with a pipe to flow away from the house and bubble up through a drain above the ground. If that freezes the other pipes are designed to let the water flow up through them. They broke up the concrete around the entire basement floor and removed the concrete from the basement to install the french drains. The french drains have inspection ports all around the basement. They concreted over the french drains. They installed the SaniDry system and routed it into the sub pump basin. The entire system is quiet and I never hear it upstairs. They cleaned up when done and I could eat off the floor.

They had a great crew and did this all in one day! It was amazing.  Their customer service is great also. I never plug a company, but these guy's installation, customer service and products are the absolute best.

The installation is warrantied as long as the house stands. I have them service the system once a year or two. They change the filters, check valves and clean the pumps. I watched what they do and it is worth the service charge. 

The picture with the rug shows the lip to the drain. Where I have the rug water used to pour in. If I had a rug there before this I would have had to cut up a water logged rug to be able to get it out of my basement. The moisture barrier works great and looks great. It brightened up the entire basement.

It cost around $14,000 but added $50K to price of the house and added another 1200 sq ft of living space.

Good luck

Gil

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG