IGNORED

ALASKA FISHING

hammer4reel

Saw on Jacks dream post many guys wanna get to Alaska to fish, 

As many seem to think here its an out of reach dream, after going there It is easier than most guys think, and the trips are pretty reasonable.

I highly recommend Icy Bay lodge, and have friends that also had a great time at Tanaku Lodge.

A weeks trip there fishing for five days was worth every penny.

The food we had if eatin somewhere else would have rivaled the cost of the whole trip. It was that good.

Fishing was off the charts and the chance to catch halibut over 100 pounds def isn't out of reach.

BY FAR that trip was the best trip for anything I have done.

If I could get a good group to go yearly I would def do it.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I lived in Alaska from 84-89, 92-95, spent summer of 97/98 fishing up there and the lived there from 98-00.

I am willing to provide real world advice as well. I try to go back every 2 years at this point. Here is a salmon I caught in 88... the one on the left was 40lbs. Mine was 58. Halibut are fun but catching Kings in the ocean or fat rainbows on a fly is what gets me excited. IMG_7381.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tjfslaughter

Dan, TJFslaughter-  I am thinking for my son's college graduation,  he and I do a nice "mancation" for halibut and salmon.    It is the "last frontier" and before I am completely wussified, I need to get there.   (maybe even for a hunt someday), but there are 7 days in the week and "someday" isn't one of them - right?

Dan - would still rather catch world record fluke on the REEL MUSIC though!  lol

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….