IGNORED

So I tried a new archery store

MZ7Extreme

Its only natural to go to where you are treated right and get what you ask for. There are some good guys who don't know squat telling you what you might need taking your money and some guys who know it all only taking your money for what you really need. I know when i'm confronted with an attitude that doesn't sit well I give them an attitude right back. There are a few where the deal got off on the wrong foot that are now trusted go to people. Personality has a lot to do with customer relations.

2 hours ago, njbowhntr said:

Pretty much. I am somewhat mobile. I need to add a draw board to the press, which will be done with tax return. I have a draw board in the house, but stand alone from press. 

Strictly Archery is great with bows also. They can rub guys the wrong way, they did me at first. But after I went in a few times they lightened up. They assume that no matter how long you have been shooting you probably need some form coaching. But they offer form coaching with a standard bow tune.  They taught me a lot about bow tuning and form. I have since started tuning all my own gear because of my OCD. And with any archery shop there is a lead time for repairs. 

Excellent. 

I can see how Strictly can rub folks the wrong way, but I can also see how some folks can rub them the wrong way. I've been going there for quite a while and have seen plenty of know-it-all dipshits walk in the door and set off Tommy and Ray's idiot meter.  Not saying that you, or anyone else here acted like a jerkoff when you went in there, just saying that both of the guys have a very low tolerance for nonsense.  They've taught me a lot about shooting and tuning as well, i just don't have the time or space to set up an archery shop at my house, so I continue to let them handle everything for me. 

I love going in there and shooting the shit with them, or bringing my recurve in a flinging arrows with Tommy for a bit while we catch up.  I don't have a bad word to say about either of them.   They really are good guys at heart and I can't think of a better shop around.  Lots of folks recommend other shops all over the state, but there are always other folks who complain about the work at those same shops.  You'll never hear a complaint about the work that Tommy and Ray do, just a few complaints here and there about their bedside manner.  Well, if you had a terrible disease, would you want a doctor that will bullshit you and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but not be able to cure the disease or would you want a no-nonsense, no-bullshit doctor who cured you but maybe hurt your precious feelings a little bit?  I know what I would want, so that's how I look at it

Many guys recomend shops because they feel comfortable there . Some of those highly recomended shops are clueless to how to totally set a bow up to perfection.

Those that are a little curt with you just want to set you up correctly. Not hear all the BS you think you know from another shop .

In the long run  setting up a bow or not rocket science. There is a wealth of knowledge available on the internet. 

Final tuning should always be done by the person shooting the bow.

A shop gets you close.but final tweaking for yourself  will make your set up better .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Many guys recomend shops because they feel comfortable there . Some of those highly recomended shops are clueless to how to totally set a bow up to perfection.
Those that are a little curt with you just want to set you up correctly. Not hear all the BS you think you know from another shop .

In the long run  setting up a bow or not rocket science. There is a wealth of knowledge available on the internet. 
Final tuning should always be done by the person shooting the bow.
A shop gets you close.but final tweaking for yourself  will make your set up better .

I agree. I myself would rather set my bow up completely. As for shops... i had Tom from Stricktly Archery initially set up my old glory. He did a good job but needed fine tuning with broadheads, that is expected. I think Tom and Ray get a bad rap at times because they grow tired of having guys buy bows at Cabelas or Online then bring it to them to tune only having the guy that bought the bow elsewhere complain about the price to do it. Business is about making money, not charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

Dominic at WAACD is a good guy and knows his stuff around bows. Yes it is more of a hobby business for him, his bread and butter is the tire business next door. Guys need to realize he is a small shop. If you buy your bow online because you "got a great price" and bring it to Dominic to set up you are going to pay for his time.

1 hour ago, jwalsh said:

Dominic at WAACD is a good guy and knows his stuff around bows. Yes it is more of a hobby business for him, his bread and butter is the tire business next door. Guys need to realize he is a small shop. If you buy your bow online because you "got a great price" and bring it to Dominic to set up you are going to pay for his time.

Buying a bow online has nothing to do with a person coming to you to set up the bow, it shouldn't matter where the hell they bought it and yes A triax with mathews stabilizer, Blackgold sight  and tightspot quiver for 950 is a great deal and if you chose to spend 1500 on the same set up thats on you but I work damn hard for my money.

Besides he isn't a mathews dealer, so there went your theory.

I had no problem paying, the problem lay with me not being told what was done and when he took my 100 he said it was pretty much set up.

So right there he took me for a ride and took my money.

For the 202 I spent on my other bow it should have been paper tuned. Sorry If you charge a premium you had better come correct.

Furthermore when a person tells you the string is only 1 season old and that the cable just needs to be changed and that store owner says no you need to change both then when you pick it up he hands you back the string and says it's on great shape, then why the eff did you tell me to change it .. because you wanted money not a repeat customer.

At Simon Peter's they would have never did that and they would have tune the crap out of my bow.

2 hours ago, maximus66 said:

I agree. I myself would rather set my bow up completely. As for shops... i had Tom from Stricktly Archery initially set up my old glory. He did a good job but needed fine tuning with broadheads, that is expected. I think Tom and Ray get a bad rap at times because they grow tired of having guys buy bows at Cabelas or Online then bring it to them to tune only having the guy that bought the bow elsewhere complain about the price to do it. Business is about making money, not charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, but if you charge a premium and the person never says a word about the price you had better do the right thing or you will lose a customer, which that guy did.