IGNORED

Chest Wader Advice

I'm a heavier dude.  I need chest waders and am looking for recommendations for new neoprene stocking foot type models.  I'm hesitant about buying online because of the "fit" factor with someone with a "gut"  Any of you out there that are on the heavier side have any recommendations on models or how to go about buying a pair?

The neoprene waders I own are just Cabela's brand. I use the neoprene waders for waterfowl hunting. For fishing I only use Simms breathable waders . In my opinion you can't beat Simms waders. However Simms are pricey. My g3 waders were $500. But they will last me for a decade. 

12 minutes ago, Kype said:

The neoprene waders I own are just Cabela's brand. I use the neoprene waders for waterfowl hunting. For fishing I only use Simms breathable waders . In my opinion you can't beat Simms waders. However Simms are pricey. My g3 waders were $500. But they will last me for a decade. 

I got g3s that are pushing 20 yrs old...no better than Simms. I also have the g4s. They stand behind their products better than most too

Do yourself a favor buy the best you can.

My rational for this is: You can spend money over and over on cheap leaky waders again and again.

Spend the money up front one time for quality top notch equipment.

My recommendation...

G3 GUIDE WADERS - STOCKINGFOOT.  ITEM #  PG-12199

Simms is a quality company and waders are made here in theUSA.

Call them, they have a size for everyone!:up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

33 minutes ago, buckfever1974 said:

Just fishing Flatbrook and Muskenetcong when my hip boots just aren't enough.

This is the time of year when wader manufacturers blow out year end stock, especially when they are changing models.  Back when I had to pay for waders out of my own pocket, I often checked out deals this time of year.  

I do know Simms has all sorts of sizes.  I am a large king, for example, in their line of waders.  They give you a list based on foot size, height and waist size to fit you into the best size for you.  Prices on their high end waders are all but out of reach to the casual angler, but they have lower priced models.  Customer service (and ownership) are great.  

Redington makes a very high quality wader comparable to Simms on their high end models, and prices are a bit better than Simms.  That said, the average, casual wader will or should easily get a decade or more out of a quality pair of waders.  I eat them up in 3 to sometimes as much as 4 years, but by then they are totally worn out and I toss them out at that point.    

Edited by Bucksnbows

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

This is the time of year when wader manufacturers blow out year end stock, especially when they are changing models.  Back when I had to pay for waders out of my own pocket, I often checked out deals this time of year.  

I do know Simms has all sorts of sizes.  I am a large king, for example, in their line of waders.  They give you a list based on foot size, height and waist size to fit you into the best size for you.  Prices on their high end waders are all but out of reach to the casual angler, but they have lower priced models.  Customer service (and ownership) are great.  

Redington makes a very high quality wader comparable to Simms on their high end models, and prices are a bit better than Simms.  That said, the average, casual wader will or should easily get a decade or more out of a quality pair of waders.  I eat them up in 3 to sometimes as much as 4 years, but by then they are totally worn out and I toss them out at that point.    

Have to see what I can afford once I get past Christmas.

1 hour ago, buckfever1974 said:

Just fishing Flatbrook and Muskenetcong when my hip boots just aren't enough.

I'm not a fan of neoprene. I used to like them until I triedvtge breathable kind and never looked back. Plus you have more room in breathable waders.

I've had Simms, LLBean and hodgman and they are all good, LLBean edging them out for there customer service and warranty. I owned a pair for years they started leaking at the seams, they took them back sent me a new upgraded pair because mine were discontinued no questions.