IGNORED

Looking For Duck Recipes

Tarhunt

Great problem to have!  You can always go to the web or Duck Unlimited.  Assuming they're breasted out, but are they  skin on or skin off?  Makes a difference in recipes.  I've been cooking mine with an iron skillet recently which is quick and keeps them tender.  Try marinades / rubs too.  Good luck and enjoy!

If you have access to a smoker this is super simple for a whole duck, breasted out ducks might be shorter. Soy sauce,honey, Port Wine equal measures as marinade. Marinade a couple of hours, overnight works to.  If whole score the fat as close to the meat as possible. Fruit wood works best. Breast side down until leg temp of 165 about 3 hours or so. If skin isn't crisp enough place right over the coals but don't walk away until crisp. Also some bottom feeding ducks are always going to be "gamey" no matter what kitchen magic is done to it. At that point Peking Duck from take out. Good luck.

8 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Good ones above..  I wait till I have a few lbs than grind and make jerky can't tell what it is just good

This^^ I used to breast them out, put them in a marinade and then do the classic chunks wrapped in bacon on the grill. Over the years though, I'd found them more enjoyable when made into sticks. We blend in our duck/goose breasts at the end of the season and make snacks.