IGNORED

Deer chops

hunterbob1

If you never had you should.Takes a little work.but omg.Most butchers never offer,they give you  your tenderloin,backstrap in butterfly steak if your lucky.I made my own before internet,ran a sawzall down the backbone while it's hanging,saw the front shoulder off in front of the first rib,saw the backbone from the hind legs.Now take a half cage on to band saw between each rib or a cleaver and hammer at the back bone to separate,hit it Hard!Bone appetite!

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I grew up eating deer chops all the time.  We had a commercial meat saw so once the head and hind quarters were off we would run it down the spine to cut it in half then turn and cut at 1 inch”.  My Uncle Pete would always say “ hey kid if ya do it this way theres no need for utensils!”  Cause they came with their own little handle.  Nothing  better than lightly marinated (olive oil,couple squirts Franks red hot,  fresh garlic, salt and pepper) on the grill- I could eat 20!

I've done few that way myself. It's a nice touch with the different cut

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."