IGNORED

Boots, socks, and gloves for the stand

As we move into the colder weather, what are you using to keep your fingers and toes from falling off?  Boots (type, insulation, etc...), socks (material, weight, etc...), and gloves...I need to invest in new equipment and could use some ideas.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I may be different then most, maybe i just don’t get cold as fast but i wear lacrosse full rubber boots with a liner sock and one heavy wool sock and am never cold. Mind you my boots are oversized providing a lot of room, that is what keeps feet warm. I wear light gloves and use handwarmers in my pockets. That’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

Boots are Muck Arctic Pros with regular socks. My probably is my feet sweat no matter what so wearing wool socks and heavy boots would have my feet soaked in no time. 

Not a big gloves guy. Could probably count on one hand how many times I’ve used them in the last 10 years. Usually keep some hand warmers in my jacket pockets if it’s real cold. 

1 hour ago, mattg1500 said:

A box blind with a Mr Buddy

I only hunt my own property, so I've considered a treehouse/box blind of some type.  Certainly would help a lot just on windy days alone, and would make it easier to take my daughter along.  

I'm lucky and my feet and hands rarely get cold. But when it's really cold (like predator hunting at night in Jan and Feb) I just throw on a pair of fingerless 100% ragg wool gloves and cotton socks under wool socks. My face mask is an all fleece mask. The face mask is so warm and cozy I can't stand taking it off when I get back to my truck lol . There were times I just drove home with it on lol. Got a couple strange looks

Baffin Apex boots are the real deal.
Buy 2 sizes larger for circulation and air flow.
8 layers of insulation
Leather uppers to support ankle stability.
Any wool socks. No sweat...
IWOM body suit with Thinsulate is windproof and waterproof.
IWOM comes with a hand muff.
A fleece jacket and a fleece head cover helps, too.
Saw some PA big woods opener hunting and an all day sit in the rain in these garments.
I have never been so warm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't wear gloves in the woods ever. Don't shoot a bow with gloves,or a gun. I work with metal all year long so I guess I get conditioned to the temps.

Ill carry a hand muff and keep my cell in there. Very rarely will I put my hands in it, but it saves the battery on my phone.

Feet just a liner, heavy merino wool sock and 600gr rocky boot.

Clothes= quality. Layer correctly and again no problem. We in NJ. It doesn't get that cold most of the time. DRURY brothers have a article on acclimating your body all year long for cold weather hunting. Look it up. Good read

Edited by Booner

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

1 hour ago, Booner said:

I don't wear gloves in the woods ever. Don't shoot a bow with gloves,or a gun. I work with metal all year long so I guess I get conditioned to the temps.

Ill carry a hand muff and keep my cell in there. Very rarely will I put my hands in it, but it saves the battery on my phone.

Feet just a liner, heavy merino wool sock and 600gr rocky boot.

Clothes= quality. Layer correctly and again no problem. We in NJ. It doesn't get that cold most of the time. DRURY brothers have a article on acclimating your body all year long for cold weather hunting. Look it up. Good read

I should say its not the cold that gets me, its the sitting still.  I work outside in the same weather doing chores around the property all day long in relatively light clothes, boots, and don't ever wear gloves.  However, once I'm sitting basically motionless in the stand for an hour and a half/two hours its a different story.

5 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Rubber boots always......LaCrosse or Cabelas

Hand Muff with UA light weight gloves. Heat pack in muff if necessary

Liner sock with heavy merino wool

OR

The REDNECK!

IMG_20160618_161832451.thumb.jpg.324e88b2f6d005afb77c555b0fd47661.jpg 

Nice blind I like it :cool:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈