IGNORED

Savage 220 is awesome!

Want one.. goal this year to get one

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

2 hours ago, midwestxpress said:

I see some guy say expansion with the accutips is bad and I have to chase them after I shoot them. If you shoot them high shoulder or through both shoulders they don't go anywhere. Behind the shoulder is for arrows.

Slug or muzzle loader bullet I try to hit bone if bone is broken the deer is usually anchored in place

Right now my 220 is at the gunsmith. Had my 220 for 5 years and have taken several bears and many deer with it.  This year I had 2 miss fires.  One at a bear that was far and my buddy wound up getting it.  Thought it was a fluke but 2 days later my 2nd miss fire was at a huge buck 15 yds. away.  The 2nd shot connected and put the deer down.  Very frustrating.     :banghead:

3 hours ago, Mountain Goat said:

Right now my 220 is at the gunsmith. Had my 220 for 5 years and have taken several bears and many deer with it.  This year I had 2 miss fires.  One at a bear that was far and my buddy wound up getting it.  Thought it was a fluke but 2 days later my 2nd miss fire was at a huge buck 15 yds. away.  The 2nd shot connected and put the deer down.  Very frustrating.     :banghead:

Do you long term store it with the firing pin cocked... That will result in eventual misfires on any firearm

BTW who/where is your gunsmith? I am thinking of bringing my 220 in for the ejection issue I am having

Edited by 230jhp

I have a stock 220 with a 2X7 Leupold.  The issues of misfires and ejection was solved by hammering the bolt when loading  and ripping it hard when ejecting. The gun is incredibly accurate. I do find the gun to be a little too light which is fine to carry it but it does kick like a mule. I like Pathman's addition of the steel block inside the butt plate. Just might see about that and spend a little more time with the gun

Hey X7, if you do get a piece of steel, wrap it with some tape (I used that tacky rubber type electrical tape) before you wedge it into the butt stock. It wasn’t easy to remove (wanted to weigh it after I posted about it, it’s actually 2.5#) with the sticky tape, but I get no movement or rattles etc. 

9 hours ago, Mountain Goat said:

No I do not leave the firing pin cocked during the off season.  

I am from Eastern Pa. and the gunsmith I use is in Stroudburg area.  His name is Craig Colabaugh. I will let you know what he says.  He has worked on many savages with the same issue.

Thanx