Light Modified Choke Tube

On 12/11/2018 at 10:43 PM, Wallew said:

The  best waterfowler I know is 71 years old and he uses a 30 year old wingmaster. He shoots cheap Remington blue box shells and drops more birds than anyone else I have ever hunted with. And I’ve hunted with a lot of people.

The old Faithful. Those are great guns

• 3 weeks later...

You didn't mention what shot you are using. If you are using steel, the rule of thumb is use 1 constriction larger and shot size bigger than if you were using lead. So since I am an old timer, we used 4, 5 , or 6 lead, now we would use 2, or 3 steel. Depending on whether you are "puddle ducking" or pass shooting, for close shots I would use a I/C. For shots over 35 yds, I would use a modified choke. There are lots of combinations of chokes and shot that can be employed. Now a Light Modified is a compromise between the two.  Most factory chokes do not include it. It's usually I/C, Modified, and Full that is included in the factory package unless it's a specialized gun. You have to take an educated guess what will work or pattern all of them. LOL

Edited by archer36
13 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I use s Carlson buck shot for 2 steel..  I def notice a difference in cripple count...  but ad stated practice and shoot within your range.   In general if u can't see their feet  don't shoot

I have one for Remington shotguns if anyone is interested in buying it.