IGNORED

Question for the driving gang

midwestxpress

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Are we that desperate and need to kill a deer that bad!!!???? Driving public land is selfish ,doesn't take any skill and should be made illegal..........

Out lawing any form of hunting is a win for the antis.. just because u don't agree with it doesn't mean don't support it..  there's s story of a guy helping to stop dog hunting for a friend. Said sure I'll help I hate hunting with dogs..  in the end they came for his way of hunting..  don't like it don't participate..  but don't try to ban it for othrrs

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

Out lawing any form of hunting is a win for the antis.. just because u don't agree with it doesn't mean don't support it..  there's s story of a guy helping to stop dog hunting for a friend. Said sure I'll help I hate hunting with dogs..  in the end they came for his way of hunting..  don't like it don't participate..  but don't try to ban it for othrrs

All well and good but my point is it is UNFAIR to the guy's that have  spent the time to scout an area, set up a stand only to have 20 yo-bucks come thru at 9 am  chasing everything away.Driving is everything that true hunting is not, its a mindless way to hunt....... It should be stopped on public land or at least limited to certain areas...........

3 minutes ago, toxo said:

All well and good but my point is it is UNFAIR to the guy's that have  spent the time to scout an area, set up a stand only to have 20 yo-bucks come thru at 9 am  chasing everything away.Driving is everything that true hunting is not, its a mindless way to hunt....... It should be stopped on public land or at least limited to certain areas...........

Have you participated in organized drives?  I can tell u from being on both ends the woods is not always ruined after being driven.   I have killed deer 10 minutes after drivers go through.   I have also been part of setting and scouting to set drives up..

Just now, vdep217 said:

Have you participated in organized drives?  I can tell u from being on both ends the woods is not always ruined after being driven.   I have killed deer 10 minutes after drivers go through.   I have also been part of setting and scouting to set drives up..

I see your from Ocean County.You probably have to hunt that way in the Pine barrens and salt marshes. Drive away and Have fun!:up:

5 minutes ago, toxo said:

I see your from Ocean County.You probably have to hunt that way in the Pine barrens and salt marshes. Drive away and Have fun!:up:

Have to no.   I've killed my fair share of deer bow hunting and stand hunting with gun..  it's a change of pace from sitting in stand.  And a way to get together with friends.  Plus it's a great way to scout new pieces for next bow season..  it's just different and can be very fun

18 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Have to no.   I've killed my fair share of deer bow hunting and stand hunting with gun..  it's a change of pace from sitting in stand.  And a way to get together with friends.  Plus it's a great way to scout new pieces for next bow season..  it's just different and can be very fun

Best of Luck! Stay safe!

On 12/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, vdep217 said:

i did drives for years with a small group of guys 10-20 it was a lot fun hunting with family and friends things have changed over the years most of the guys i hunted with went to bigger clubs so they can party and because they can kill more deer with more guys. in our area we always had woods that other than a corner piece usually neve got driven was mostly guys sitting and every year we had bucks filter out into the small pieces replacing the ones killed now the clubs are bigger and cuteverthing up to drive, where i hunted most of my life the gangs thinned the deer out driving six day muzzy and doe days after a few years i moved to a new area got to be lucky if you seen a deer a daylast year i had 10 -12 bucks on camera in a couple areas this year nothing after talking to a few of the members i found that between 4-5 gangs that they killed 20 -30 bucks in each of those areas .last year a lot of deer started to show up in my old area one field had 40 bucks this year other fields had a few also no one really drove in that area for several years other than a couople drives at end of week. this year they have all new lines cut and plan on spending a couple days in the area .. i don't get these guys some of them bow hunt these areas but to dumb to see what happened before or IMO they are just greedy. I do enjoy drives but I think this is getting ridiculous. when i was younger we always had bucks and killed a few each year and always had a good time but now i am starting to reconsider how i feel ,someone said go with them yes I could and know guys in most clubs but honestly i am not about slaughtering all the bucks in every area to say my club got the most for me it was about hunting with friends and family having a fun time making memories killing a few deer and putting some meat in  the freezer,if we got lucky and killed some nice bucks some years our gang did as well as the big clubs and on several occasions had the nicest racks in the area...back then most clubs killed 5-15 bucks now they all kill 20 plus each year i remeber a club killing 65 one year. I have hunted 38 years and i can see the difference from then till now. it's hard to hunt and kill a nice buck when you have to keep moving and finding new areas for hunting deer every couple years.... JMO as someone that has seen both sides....

6 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Back in the early 1980's, I drove deer with about 8 other hunters. It was fun. We killed a few deer but, never over did it.

You mean you showed up:headscratch: 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

While I understand the concerns and impact of 6-day gun clubs driving and shooting a lot of younger bucks, it's a legal method and it's a LONG time and effective tradition.  I totally understand the level of camaraderie between family and friends which IMHO is WAY more important in life.  Enjoy the woods, enjoy your hunting, and respect other hunters doing the same in any legal manner! :up:

Im fine with the tradition and all that goes with driving deer with some friends. But.... Monday and Tuesday I didn't see a group of friends. I didn't see a battalion, I saw a brigade!  These guys and I don't know which club it was but I have an idea had three very large vans and pickups loaded with guys. This to me this  isn't fair chase what so ever. Its disgusting if you ask me. Lets line up ten feet apart and carpet bomb this whole wma, and the gray area ground too. That's not hunting, its killing.  Then we'll come back in a few weeks for the does so we can have enough our venison dinner.  Sorry for the rant.

53 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

While I understand the concerns and impact of 6-day gun clubs driving and shooting a lot of younger bucks, it's a legal method and it's a LONG time and effective tradition.  I totally understand the level of camaraderie between family and friends which IMHO is WAY more important in life.  Enjoy the woods, enjoy your hunting, and respect other hunters doing the same in any legal manner! :up:

I have always felt that way but it seems  when greed of killing every buck in the woods is  the desired result I am thinking it needs some adjustments. I have no issue hunting but when it starts to jeopardize the future of the herd I  have to start thinking  is it worth it. And when I am told that there are twenty guys standing and I should get out for my safety that’s an issue