IGNORED

Putting the pieces back together -bear rug

So this bear was skinned by the outfitter for a lifesize mount. It was skinned down the back and from the head to tail, and also down the top of the legs to the toes.

Completely backwards for a rug, but the guy changed his mind after the bear was already tanned and decided he wanted a rug.

I split the belly and the bottom of the legs and started piecing the puzzle back together.

Glad it all worked out. You would never know. FB_IMG_1543526489878.jpeg20181129_222028.jpeg20181129_222101.jpeg20181129_221912.jpeg

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

I am still trying to figure out how you made 2 rugs from one bear  :headscratch: if I give you a $100 bill torn in half can you sew it back together and make me 2 :P

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I was in his shop two days ago and he was trying to show me this rug.  It took him a lot longer than I would have expected to figure out which of the two was the mess you see he had to start with.  I was amazed.  You would never know it started as a train wreck.  Great work as always, Jay.  Even though your daughter spits up on my new coat.  :) :) 

That is quite some feat.  Do you sew your own rugs?
No, I mount the head then I send all my rugs out to s professional rugger. They stretch, trim, and do all the felt work and backing. They dye the bald spots and return for me to finish the head.

This customer gave me 2 bears- one skinned for s rug and one for a lifesize. Just took pics of both.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com