IGNORED

A Long Strange Trip

TouchofGrey

A long time lurker from Union County on the downside of 50's. Was  taught hunting and fishing from friends dad and his extended family. First year learned basic hunting while pushing thickets with beagles for rabbits in Flemington, while my buddy had the trusted single shot 410. Second year graduated from beagle in training to holding the 410.. no shell! Next year got the license and graduated to the well worn 20 ga. sidebyside. There was no better feeling in the world. Grew into Deer Hunting and praying for the coveted  Zone 4 doe day tag. A Doe permit was like hitting the Lottery. Bought 1st gun at Ross's in Elizabeth. Took up bow hunting with practice  at Butts& Bows in Linden. Had original slim Jim  climber and hit almost every WMA from Assunpink to the Gap. Grouse at Hamburg Mountain, quail at Clinton. Had access to a farm In Pennsy for 25 years where killing a deer was nowhere important as getting together every year for a week. The owner passed and its now a senior citizen development. Raised my family and hunt with kids as often as they can fit it into their schedule. Retired after family health issues. Lost several friends to Cancer and Alzheimers recently, cut down in good health at an early age.Life is too short. So  I don't have the patience for BS anymore.  I don't talk about Republicans,Democrats,Immigration,Taxes,Gun Control,Pork Roll or Taylor Ham. Improves my blood pressure. Facebook,Gramming and Hashtags are not for me.  I like Porter or a whiskey at the end of the day hunting. Hopefully I can add something of value to your community. Thanks for reading the long Post.