IGNORED

11/18 check in

Septicdude

It was a very quiet morning. Quiet as in still. So still I could hear the whistle of air through mallard wings flying 100 yards or more above me. Crunchy snow let me hear let me hear and see  deer walking far out through the woods. Right at first light I spotted a deer to my east. Spike buck but i gave him a grunt anyway. He worked his way towards me carefully, circled my tree, from 20 to 50 yards out, walked off and came back again. He just couldn't figure out where that other buck went. 

A little later two does came down the fire road. I shot the bigger, lead doe. I thought for sure she would pick me off when I drew my bow. She was down in 5 yards. 

After that, I had another spiker and another doe come down the trail and I spotted a fourth doe in the distance. Two red foxes hunting through the woods topped off my morning.

Out in 19 for an evening sit. This spot have been neglected for some time, feeders dry, had it close to stand cause I hung my camera on it out of ease. There’s some bedding to the right and 3 game trails move in and around this spot. Lets just hope mr. big takes a stroll. If not just enjoying the evening in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much tonight could here what I assume was a buck circle me a time or two. Last 15 min of shooting time decided I’d try and kind grunt called 2 spikes in nothing shootable. Not bad for a stand that’s been neglected for a little while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Trophy8 said:

Tough afternoon. ..used climber to adjust for wind direction. ..deer were nervous.  Did witness two different bucks dogging a doe. 

Similar in z2 - passed a 5pt then a spike that came in with the does...  Steady east wind backed off which had me invisible to them, but then even the spike got nervous as the wind stopped. Saw some chasing in the distance.    Landowner (cousin) told me a really big buck "with a lot of points) was heading my way right before dark, but then took after a doe. He was watching out his window with binoculars.   Buck  was probably 75 yards from me... Dammit. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….