IGNORED

Feral Cats

7 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

We all have barn cats out here-ours are neutered and vaccinated against rabies, but both of our neighbors have "colonies" that hang around their farms, keep the mice down, etc...  Some of the older cats (like my female) are pretty wily, but the coyotes definitely pick some off from time to time.  

I should have  said that my wife had them neutered. 

31 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

I should have  said that my wife had them neutered. 

I'm sure that these "colonies" or whatever they are cause a problem in the suburbs, etc...but barn cats have their place out here and all feral cats shouldn't be painted with the same brush.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

When I catch cats on tainted venison that is set as a coon bait, there is a problem

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

When I go out to the marsh duck hunting early in the morning, several times I've run into guys at the ramp feeding the cats.  They put out food, stick around and watch them with their headlights.  When the cats are pretty much done, they clean up the dishes and whatnot, and head out.  I'm fairly certain it's illegal in that town and also fairly certain no knows (or cares) they do it since it's done under cover of dark.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:50 AM, Batsto said:

Has anyone noticed an increase of feral/wild cats in rural and semi rural areas? My dog has bumped into small cat containers/kennels that people have left as current shelters. We also have many semi wild cats living in our neighborhood. Beginning to be a slight nuisance. Is there a wild cat lover organization that is causing this potential health risk? 

They are a royal PIA and the cat lovers think they can put their shelters where ever they please which includes private property. I have gone after them with a vengeance on my property (the cat lovers) and the courts support the land owner not the trespassing litter scattering cat lovers. Take them to court and find a local trapper willing to release some fox on the property they tend to reduce the cat population natures way.

For the record I am not anti cat but I am ANTI Cat lovers who think they can do whatever they want on someone elses property just because they can.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL