IGNORED

11/1 check in

Greybeard

13 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

1 lone fawn entered the plot 20 minutes before dark   About 7 acres of field/plots, surrounded by another 45 acres of hardwood ridge.   That was the only deer on the entire property it seemed.   As I started my first week of vacation with permit bow opener - the action has slowed progressively each day leading up to today - the worst.  I can't recall a worse 11/1 hunt - ever. It's not the temps, it was 32 yesterday morning and barely a deer in a great spot.  I have been moving around,  only hunting the right winds, covered more properties and stands than I normally do.  There is literally nothing going on - or I just really suck!

I've seen that many years.  Sometimes doesn't heat up until the 4th.  Of course there could have been 4 bucks chasing does on the other side of the property.  Seen, that also, one guy has all kinds of rut action on one end of the property and the guy on the other side says nothing is going on.

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I've seen that many years.  Sometimes doesn't heat up until the 4th.  Of course there could have been 4 bucks chasing does on the other side of the property.  Seen, that also, one guy has all kinds of rut action on one end of the property and the guy on the other side says nothing is going on.

I have seen this before where there is this huge "lull" known as the October lull - but never carried into November and never this bad.  I figured that 10/24 full moon was a good thing, and this was "the week" but I added next week as buffer, but seems I should have started vacation next week.    

I have to believe that after this rain passes and some cooler temps move back in - all hell gonna break loose

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

12 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I have seen this before where there is this huge "lull" known as the October lull - but never carried into November and never this bad.  I figured that 10/24 full moon was a good thing, and this was "the week" but I added next week as buffer, but seems I should have started vacation next week.    

I have to believe that after this rain passes and some cooler temps move back in - all hell gonna break loose

Nov 1st 60 degrees nothing.  Nov 1st with a hard frost and bucks would be everywhere.  Pre rut the cold has everything to do with general movement.  Even a very cold morning on October 25th will get those bucks on their feet where temps in the 50's will kill the movement. In my experience, with exceptions.

Edited by Nomad

28 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nov 1st 60 degrees nothing.  Nov 1st with a hard frost and bucks would be everywhere.  Pre rut the cold has everything to do with general movement.  Even a very cold morning on October 25th will get those bucks on their feet where temps in the 50's will kill the movement. In my experience, with exceptions.

10/31 was 32 degrees in morning by me - nothing going on.       

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I wouldn't  accept " it's not on in PA" or NJ.  I been seeing plenty of rut action in NJ & my buddies up in Milford PA have been seeing all kinds of big bucks moving in daylight and even a pair fighting in front of his camera this last week and they were out today two out of three guys had Slammers within 25 yards.  Like others said it all depends where you're at could be quiet on one side of the woodlot and going crazy on the other and even in the peak of the rut you're not very often going to see a steady stream of bucks in all spots. It just doesn't work that way.

I didn;'t see one single deer tonight. After the hunt I went to pull a card from my camera  over a scrape where I was busted by this buck on Sunday. I moved on him twice between Saturday and Sunday, after seeing him for the first time on Friday. I guessed right on the 2nd day only to be busted while putting on a jacket. Well, he was on the scrape twice since Sunday.

10300089_2.jpg

10300088_2.jpg

10290031_2.jpg