Greybeard

11/1 check in

Not supposed to rain here in NW NJ until tonight. I am out in z5 behind the house. 55 degrees. Not optimistic at all this week has been a real grind hunting wise. Wish I started my two weeks a week later. I am usually in Ohio this weeks and it’s always been good unless temps spike up. Got in tree 6:15 - I hear what seems like deer milling about - no grunts though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Not supposed to rain here in NW NJ until tonight. I am out in z5 behind the house. 55 degrees. Not optimistic at all this week has been a real grind hunting wise. Wish I started my two weeks a week later. I am usually in Ohio this weeks and it’s always been good unless temps spike up. Got in tree 6:15 - I hear what seems like deer milling about - no grunts though. 

Weather this week sucks.....

Good luck. Not great weather but it is that time of year. Does will come into heat no matter what the weather.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I had a real nice buck chasing early this morning on camera. Saw two nice bucks cruising close to the house when I left at 430. I'm guessing it will be good this morning. Good luck All!

• Like 1

Above honesdale

Started out by sliding in the mud on the edge of a puddle, almost regaining control after splashing through it, but hit the mud on the other side and went down. Wet, muddy, and smell like goats. Good cover scent, I guess. It's so nice and quiet out here, except for the occasional jet at 30,000 feet. 

15 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Good luck. Not great weather but it is that time of year. Does will come into heat no matter what the weather.

No rutting going on out here in pa at all.  Thinking of getting my extended permit for NJ  and just wait for rifle season here. 

2 hrs north of me and it's raining, the mountains can change weather patterns in a big way......I talk to Joe (Palawman) everyday, he's out in Clearfield county,  no rutting activity at all he said

• Like 1

In stand zone 12... good luck guys... this warm weather sucks... was going to head to Athens county Ohio tomorrow but might wait till Monday with this warm weather... try to fill my tag this weekend... have some new bucks showing up... this was my #1 buck but haven't seen him in over a month...

20180904_214308.jpg

20180908_163500.jpg

• Like 4

Checking in from the Raritan Bay today. Gotta take out our charter and maybe will sneak out this afternoon but probably Saturday PM. Good luck .

• Like 2

Colorful woods - alive with squirrels. Been trying occasional doe bleats and soft grunts. Nothing happening. Another spot in my woods I been saving for rut. Edge of the thick and nasty which used to be and still should be prime bedding and rutting. Heavy mix of red and white oaks leading into thick brush and briars. Reds still dropping and what  the deer been eating. Frustrating  I been getting so many reports of good bucks all night long in the area - in front yards or crossing roads of course. But here I sit in absolute primo whitetail habitat completely deer-less.  Hopefully this next front comes in and washes away the stench of how bad the hunting was overall this week.  Can’t bitch too much thought had an awesome fall bow season of course. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

Just checked the weather forecast. Rain coming tonight and tomorrow. Radar shows heaviest rain tomorrow night. Saturday and Sunday will be cooler temps but some wind Saturday. Taking my 16 Y/O nephew to sit hopefully Both days. Good luck fellas!