IGNORED

Halloween check-in

JHbowhunter

Mallard that was us yesterday morning and afternoon.  Should have been deer chasing or fighting everywhere.  And there was zero deer in multiple locations.  Maybe its the moon still giving off enough light that they are nocturnal or a moon phase or some crap like that or its the first lockdown for the bucks n does in that area.  I saw a single doe and a big buck bedded down off my back yard on October 21st.  They were definitely a couple so if she was starting to get ready to get in heat then maybe the timing is right for lockdown.  I'm not a biologist or even a super experienced deer hunter but I know how to add 2 + 2 to make 4.  Buddy I was with last night is a bow hunter for 35 years and the word lockdown came out of his mouth first even though I was thinking it.  Not saying statewide or any crap like that but he thinks its possible for the specific location we hunt in zone 36.  Very weird for so many hunters to not see tons of activity pre-rut during this weather and not on a full moon.  Who knows........

Was out this morning.  Pull in to grassy parking area that fits 2-3 trucks.  What do I find?   A bedded doe with a very large 8pointer bedded down right in the center.  Suffice it to say, didn’t see them again or anything else for that matter.  Hthats how it goes sometimes.  

4 hours ago, Lphunsjr said:

Gonna try to get out after work tomorrow or Friday. Saw a small 6 at last light last night. Pretty quiet evening. Any day now! Had this guy in there Sunday night. Nice 9 in a stand I don't really frequent,,,,,,maybe I should start

IMG_20181031_100614661.jpg

You better sit that stand a little more often with him running around.