IGNORED

Best Muzzleloader ????

Buck154

A lot of good info here guys, thanks. Well looks like i will definitely shoot Blackhorn powder for sure. I will be looking at CVA and T/C. I know Knights are good but i was never a fan of them. 

Now what heads? I think there were about 3 or 4 mainly used.

I loved my encore but sold it and got the TC Strike, which is awesome and as good as the encore. Best part is the breech plug is easy to remove, which was not the case with the encore. The remington is a good but it is a boat anchor. Check out muzzleloader.com as they have some great specials and packages plus they come scoped and bore sighted. Hope this helps. 

Good luck with whatever ML you go with.

SS!

32 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

A lot of good info here guys, thanks. Well looks like i will definitely shoot Blackhorn powder for sure. I will be looking at CVA and T/C. I know Knights are good but i was never a fan of them. 

Now what heads? I think there were about 3 or 4 mainly used.

I have shot many bullets and found the performance of the barnes spit fire expander to be superior. There are two versions & two weights. Either 250 or 290 grain ( I like 290 inside 100 yds or 250 if shooting more than 100 yd). Next is tmz or tez ....sabot is thinner in tez. My advice is to call barnes (I did) for a recommendation. They asked which gun I had and told me the knight rifles tend to be more precise diameters and tighter bore, so recommended the tez, told me the t/c was better w the tmz. NOTE:IF YOU SHOOT BLACKHORN 209, THEY RECOMMEND HOTTER PRIMERS....THE FEDERAL 209A OR THE CCI MAGNUMS. "We have experienced the best performance, consistency and accuracy with CCI 209M and Federal 209A. NOTE: DO NOT use 209 muzzleloading primers such as Winchester Triple 7, Remington Kleenbore, Federal Fusion, or CCI In-Line MZL." That is from their site. 

7 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I have shot many bullets and found the performance of the barnes spit fire expander to be superior. There are two versions & two weights. Either 250 or 290 grain ( I like 290 inside 100 yds or 250 if shooting more than 100 yd). Next is tmz or tez ....sabot is thinner in tez. My advice is to call barnes (I did) for a recommendation. They asked which gun I had and told me the knight rifles tend to be more precise diameters and tighter bore, so recommended the tez, told me the t/c was better w the tmz. NOTE:IF YOU SHOOT BLACKHORN 209, THEY RECOMMEND HOTTER PRIMERS....THE FEDERAL 209A OR THE CCI MAGNUMS. "We have experienced the best performance, consistency and accuracy with CCI 209M and Federal 209A. NOTE: DO NOT use 209 muzzleloading primers such as Winchester Triple 7, Remington Kleenbore, Federal Fusion, or CCI In-Line MZL." That is from their site. 

Thanks 

Barnes are not only accurate they are deadly on game.....when I got my fist in-line which was a Knight BK-92 I used Barnes Expanders with great results on the range and on game.....Many, many years later I got the TC Omega I liked it, but it seemed to not shoulder well for me, friend of mine purchased it off me, and my wife got me the Triumph.......So with that I wanted to try something a little different, I went from Pyodex Pellets and the Barnes and Expanders to the Triple 7 Magnum Pellets and the Barnes T-Ez (250gr) accuracy was better, shot out to 150 yards., but performance on game was better as well.....overall either way was the right choice. I like pellets,I like the convenience, drop them in and go, no need to measure but that's me, accuracy is great, Blackhorn is great and clean, but expensive, and as far as cleaning my muzzy after using the the Triple 7 Magnum, it's not that bad, the T/C solvent works wonders 

2 hours ago, BHC said:

Barnes are not only accurate they are deadly on game.....when I got my fist in-line which was a Knight BK-92 I used Barnes Expanders with great results on the range and on game.....Many, many years later I got the TC Omega I liked it, but it seemed to not shoulder well for me, friend of mine purchased it off me, and my wife got me the Triumph.......So with that I wanted to try something a little different, I went from Pyodex Pellets and the Barnes and Expanders to the Triple 7 Magnum Pellets and the Barnes T-Ez (250gr) accuracy was better, shot out to 150 yards., but performance on game was better as well.....overall either way was the right choice. I like pellets,I like the convenience, drop them in and go, no need to measure but that's me, accuracy is great, Blackhorn is great and clean, but expensive, and as far as cleaning my muzzy after using the the Triple 7 Magnum, it's not that bad, the T/C solvent works wonders 

These?

2018-10-24_7-02-23.png

9 hours ago, Bowhunter2004 said:

I’m no gun expert, but my TC omega with a stainless barrel is the only deer gun I use  for the past 12 years. Badass accurate with 250 shockwaves and triple 7 pellets. Drops most of them right in there tracks. 

This ones?

2018-10-24_7-04-51.png

Tried powerbelts didn’t really like them they didn’t seem to expand and weren’t that accurate. Tried the tc shockwaves with good results. Currently I’m shooting 90gr blackhorn with the harvester crushed rib sabots and the Hornady xtp 240gr pistol bullets. What I like about this combo is it’s cheap, extremely accurate and does a ton of damage. Furthest I have had a deer go was 30 yards. 

I wouldn’t hesitate to try the Barnes bullets I have never heard a bad thing about them.

Tried powerbelts didn’t really like them they didn’t seem to expand and weren’t that accurate. Tried the tc shockwaves with good results. Currently I’m shooting 90gr blackhorn with the harvester crushed rib sabots and the Hornady xtp 240gr pistol bullets. What I like about this combo is it’s cheap, extremely accurate and does a ton of damage. Furthest I have had a deer go was 30 yards. 
I wouldn’t hesitate to try the Barnes bullets I have never heard a bad thing about them.
Powerbelts are junk. My sons and I shoot Hornady XTP magnum 250 to 300 grain pistol bullets. They knock the deer down even at 125 yards.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".