IGNORED

New hunter looking for hunting friends

dave1978

Hey everyone, I am 40, from Livingston, Essex County, and moved from Europe to the states three years ago (hunting over there is kind of a no go). I've got my bowhunting license for this season, but as I am new to hunting, I am kind of struggling how to start. Therefore I figured it'd be nice to make hunting friends who are experienced. And no, I am not looking to take away someone's spot or meat or whatever, the sole purpose of this post is to meet people I can learn from and that share the passion for the outdoors and hunting. I am thankful for any advice. Many thanks and stay safe.

3 minutes ago, dave1978 said:

Hi Rusty, thanks for your quick response. I will definitely join your next get-together, thanks for the invite. Is it Pub199 in Mt. Arlington? What time? Thank you

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/23883-annual-pub-199-christmas-gathering-december-14th/

Here's the info Dave.

Just be wary of the events that involve chainsaws, throwing axes, and home-brew.  Those are not for the faint of heart.  

Edited by Rusty

Welcome Dave!

Great to hear you moved over here and also great to hear you're starting to hunt!

I'm from Germany and moved roughly 5 years ago. Live in Morris County. If you want to hunt public land together PM me.

Other wide I hunt during December in Sparta maybe you want to join for a sit or two and we can talk abit.

10 minutes ago, Black Bear Bowhunter said:

Welcome Dave!

Great to hear you moved over here and also great to hear you're starting to hunt!

I'm from Germany and moved roughly 5 years ago. Live in Morris County. If you want to hunt public land together PM me.

Other wide I hunt during December in Sparta maybe you want to join for a sit or two and we can talk abit.

:up: :up:

15 minutes ago, Black Bear Bowhunter said:

Welcome Dave!

Hey, that sounds great! Will PM you, in German :cool: