IGNORED

Crazy hunt, bad ending

Zone35killer

Went out to get my dad a buck this morning. Everything was perfect, had a 120 8 point at 15 yards and my dad made an ok shot on it. Deer ran off into the woods. Not 20 seconds later he comes running back out with an huge coyote on its tail right under us. Deer would have just bedded down, but the coyotes ran it off over a half mile. Lost blood after 4 and a half hours of tracking. Sucks, beautiful deer.  

horrible, had that happen to me on a doe, many years ago.  Liver shot - went right down, and would have died there. Two of them came along and chased her completely out of the woods and who knows where it ended up. I think they got what they wanted though.    

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I had a similar situation a few years ago with a doe.  When I released she turned toward me so what would have been a broadside shot turned into quartering to and I figured I got 1 lung, liver, etc.  She ran off into some brush in front of my stand and didn't come out so I figured I'd give her some time, then a blond color coyote ran into the brush and came out right on the doe's tail.  I got down and started tracking right away and found her about 80 yards away.  That coyote had already chewed in through the entrance in the rib cage opening up a softball sized hole and pulling part of the lungs out in the 5-10 min it took me to get there.