IGNORED

Appalachian Trail cam - Non typical buck with 3 main beams, I think

1190ftalt

Well was doing some scouting off the Appalachian Trail  and found a area with a big deep scrape fresh and many big trees with rubs, I currently have a tree stand about a quarter mile away but I have noticed that you can move a tree stand 150 yds and the amount of traffic is night and day ! Well I didn’t move the stand I just hung another one ! I also put another camera by the scrape so hopefully I will get this 3 beam buck for a closer picture!

Well  I check the camera SD card and I have” I think” a buck with 3 main beams, 2 on one side and one on the other, tried to blow it up but with my limited computer skills that’s the best I could do! The first 2 pictures are the 3 beam buck and the  third pictures I think is it also based on the time ,the last 3 pictures are from another tree stand.

Well we wait all year for these 3 weeks and I am in the game, that’s all you can hope for!

Good Luck and be safe !

EB3171EA-9ACE-4293-A58C-E9B39B70AF86.jpeg

563C306A-3184-4720-BC74-AB185845DF19.jpeg

998982B7-9F86-41F1-A7BB-B0F33FFF9386.jpeg

FC930647-4B69-4644-AD3A-16D205EE3535.jpeg

AC6184AF-A5D6-4A5A-8DE9-A31E5143F4DB.jpeg

C6A8E8F4-66CA-4961-B014-07CD6FC993A9.jpeg

that spot  / area was my first deer hunting experience at age 10.     You get a good buck up there - you really earn it.  Part of me wants to go up there with a climber during rut with bow - and just see what it's like.    I have more spots in the ag-rich "lowlands" that tell me  "don't do it" but man it's beautiful country up there. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

that spot  / area was my first deer hunting experience at age 10.     You get a good buck up there - you really earn it.  Part of me wants to go up there with a climber during rut with bow - and just see what it's like.    I have more spots I the ag-rich "lowlands" that tell me  "don't do it" but man it's beautiful country up there. 

Great idea to go in with a climber during the rut, do some grunting and rattling and you never know.  There are 70,000 acres to choose from and you can drive down Crater Lake road and park and walk in and find a straight oak tree and your good !

I can walk from my house  to Crater Lake in about 30 minutes, I have hunted behind the old Lake Success, very nice area but all the old roads back there so it is very popular with people walking with there dogs. Lots of amazing scenic hunting spots, Good Luck !