IGNORED

How would you have handled this???

I have permission to hunt a property along with 1 other person. We do not talk but we know the other has permission to be there. That being said I went yesterday to check my cameras and found a SD card of a brand I do not own in one of my cameras. As I am walking out I see the other hunter who says that the card is his and he just wanted to see what was going  on in the area.

I was angry to say the least. The other hunter has the same right to be there as I do and I do not mind that, but we do not work together and he has never ran cameras. He felt he was entitled to pull my card take it home check the data and just replace it with his. I definitely used some expletives but I was baffled.... Who does that? Am I out of line? I told him if he wished to see what’s going on he should buy his own cameras. He’s welcome to hang them on the same trees I use for all I care, I just don’t want someone messing with my stuff.

To top it all off as I walked away he wanted to know if I’ve seen anything..... I just shook my head

I would have been super pissed off.  I used to share a piece of land with another guy.  He was a nice enough guy and the land was almost 30 acres.  He always hunted the same area of it and I hunted another area of it.  We both had success over the years until the property was sold. More importantly, we stayed out of each other's shit.  I would have lost my mind if I knew the guy was messing with my stuff, even if his intentions were good.  

Completely justified anger! I had a similar issue on a private spot I’ve been hunting since I was little kid, 30 years now. The owners are really nice and she likes to be too nice sometimes and just throw out invites to hunt the land. She thinks I just hunt deep in the back of property but that isn’t really the case (30 acres). She hunts now and then also in front. She gave permission to her nieces boyfriend who’s about 25 years old. He doesn’t know much other than plop and drop (corn piles).

I had setup a camera over looking a white oak that was dropping acorns as I was planning on hunting it. Now this spot was a good 60 yards past where she said he can hunt thinking I just hunt the back. Set camera in mid August, 3 weeks go by, opening day has past I go to check on cam. Well as I walk up I see a ladder stand 10 yards from it! Already fuming, I check the pics and see he’s been in there every three days for weeks and walking right by it dumping 25-50 lbs of corn and hunted it 3-4 times in a week! He also made the decision to dump the corn out of frame from my camera 30 yards away from the stand making for a far shot of his bait pile!  So I wouldn’t get pics of deer on the bait!

Well I had deer coming in before he started molesting the land, he scared off everything with his dumb tactic of dumping corn when the oak was loaded with their favorite food. I talked with her about it and came to agreement that the property doesn’t need bait piles and she agreed and told him to stop. That scared him off haha..in his mind no bait =no deer! He kinda came back this year again and fixed his stand with my cam right next to it (doesn’t get it) and I’m still waiting to run into him for a lil chat about etiquette.  

Boils down to respecting other people's stuff.  He had no right to mess with your stuff and most respectable hunters would have backed out of the area and left it alone.

I would address it with the landowner.  Let them know you are respectful of other people stuff and the other guy is not.  Let the owner know this time the guy gets a pass, next time it you might not be as courteous.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

what's your point bro?

Just kidding - I would have a huge problem with this, like this would have me seeing red, red, and more red. I can tolerate a lot, but not stuff like this. 

Honestly I would say and very loudly in his face "if you ever touch my sh#t again, without my permission, it's not going to end well.  Are we clear?"  

Draw the line now - he needs to know there are boundaries if you are both going to share the property, you better establish the boundaries now. 

Pulling one's SD card without permission is same as sleeping with one's wife - possibly worse.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

The last thing I want to do is bother the land owner with small problems...........Could you imagine the owner finding out you are going to kick some guys ass that they also gave permission to hunt on their property? I think that both of you would be gone! Put a lock on the camera.

Edited by Dinger

6 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

what's your point bro?

Just kidding - I would have a huge problem with this, like this would have me seeing red, red, and more red. I can tolerate a lot, but not stuff like this. 

Honestly I would say and very loudly in his face "if you ever touch my sh#t again, without my permission, it's not going to end well.  Are we clear?"  

Draw the line now - he needs to know there are boundaries if you are both going to share the property, you better establish the boundaries now. 

Pulling one's SD card without permission is same as sleeping with one's wife - possibly worse.

It's worse much worse