IGNORED

wise food company

Kype

anyone every try emergency food storage? i bought a case of emergency food in case something ever happens. more and more storms and power outages every year. i havent had to use it in an emergency situation but i did try it one night for the hell of it and it was pretty good.  its a lot better then eating cheese and crackers. also their shelf life is years. i also like mountain house. 

I have a Jet Boil and plenty of freeze dried food for it. Just add hot water. Most are pretty good. We keep things liked a variety of canned foods which keep a long time. But the longest we ever lost power was two days and the generator kept the food in the fridge and freezer from spoiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my go-to for long-term food storage. https://www.beprepared.com

If you run a camp in a primitive cabin, this is the best stuff to bring with you for a long-week or weekend of hunting.  Dehydrated food lasts 25 years unopened in ideal conditions.  MRE's last 7 years.  Both require boiling water, the difference being that MREs can be prepared in bad water while you need good, clean water for dehydrated food.

I usually keep 3 MREs in the truck.  You never get stranded with a truck full of food, but if you do, three MREs will last you three days.  You can eat them w/o water cold, so they are the most durable food you can bring with you.  It allows you to shelter in place, which is the best thing you can do in a stranded vehicle.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Get this and keep it in the basement.  https://www.beprepared.com/30-day-1-person-emergency-food-kit-qss

Once you open it, keep eating it.  It's enough food for 1 person for 30 days.  That's about a week's worth of food for a family of 4 in a single bucket.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

I have 4 or 5 buckets, enough for 6 months for my girl and I, supposedly. I've also been thinking of getting some food safe bags, mylar or such, and buying 20lb bags of rice at the Indian grocery. I have 5 gallon food safe jugs with screw on lids for storage. Rice is dirt cheap and will add bulk to those meals. It also stores well (may need a good desiccant, need to research) 

Of course without a source of clean water and a way to heat it...

25 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

I have 4 or 5 buckets, enough for 6 months for my girl and I, supposedly. I've also been thinking of getting some food safe bags, mylar or such, and buying 20lb bags of rice at the Indian grocery. I have 5 gallon food safe jugs with screw on lids for storage. Rice is dirt cheap and will add bulk to those meals. It also stores well (may need a good desiccant, need to research) 

Of course without a source of clean water and a way to heat it...

https://www.beprepared.com/augason-farms-ultra-purified-50-year-water-24-pack

There's your water.  :)

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.