IGNORED

NJW&W Premium Member Subscription and Site Donations

BowhunterNJ

2 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Just a suggestion........Maybe charge the guys a small fee that only come on here to sell stuff.

So like sponsors, my general ask is that I will list you for FREE as long as you are active on the site and help contribute to make the site grow.  I want to help your business grow and want you to help the site grow, that's the balance.  What I've learned over time is some sponsors want to be listed but not necessarily be active regularly on the site, so I will have to come up with a Sponsor tier for that at some point.

This same thing could be applied to Classifieds, but I also realize many members like to see them and don't want to discourage or make it hard for someone to post things for sale.  But I agree with where you are coming from, I see the people who come on here and carpet bomb the Classifieds with 10 topics on things they sell and then never post any content on the rest of the site to go with it.  Or they come on once a week and bump/TTT all their Classifieds.  I don't think anyone really likes that.  I'll have to think about an approach some more.

20 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

This same thing could be applied to Classifieds, but I also realize many members like to see them and don't want to discourage or make it hard for someone to post things for sale.  But I agree with where you are coming from, I see the people who come on here and carpet bomb the Classifieds with 10 topics on things they sell and then never post any content on the rest of the site to go with it.  Or they come on once a week and bump/TTT all their Classifieds.  I don't think anyone really likes that.  I'll have to think about an approach some more.

I don't mind the stuff for sale and agree in order to not discourage. Its the latter part of this where maybe they should pay. Again, just a suggestion:up:

Edited by 3Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I agree free sponsors should be active in more than just their advertising..

As for for sale posts- other forums say you need 10 posts before listing items for sale.. that's aweful. All it does is make a member thumb up 10 old posts and say "congrats".. they flood the main page with old post topics for a day and then post their items for sale anyway.

Members hate when new guys come list stuff for sale which I never understood..
If its junk noone wants to see it. If it's an item they are looking for at a great price noone would question the newcomer listing their items..

So.. that being said.. how about non participating members can only sell great items at huge discounts LOL.
No crap. And everything at 60% off. [emoji16]

Theres no way to really make everyone happy so i think allow everything and anything until it gets out of control by any certain individual..then stop them individually.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

What about something that a lot of sites have.. a minimum post count before you are able to post in the classifieds?

I would not have a problem paying the 15$. I like your version better than the ad blocker. I do think that the 15$ should keep sponsor ad's but get rid of non page ad's.

BobAJarcheryworld_728X90animated_032917.gif

Bob & AJ's Archery World Face Book Bob & AJ's Archery World Clothing  LEO - FIRE - MIL receive 10% discount

20 minutes ago, BobandAJsArcheryWorld said:

What about something that a lot of sites have.. a minimum post count before you are able to post in the classifieds?

I would not have a problem paying the 15$. I like your version better than the ad blocker. I do think that the 15$ should keep sponsor ad's but get rid of non page ad's.

Jay's point on the min post count is a good one, I've seen new members do that on other sites and it does result in a lot of rapid fire fluff ("Hi" and thumbs up posts).

Right, so in respect to site sponsor ads that is exactly what I'll be doing, I will keep the site sponsor ads in rotation and only the ad provider ads would be limited.  Another reason I favor FREE sponsor listing is because I don't want to make the site into a "have to be a sponsor to post something" like NJH and other sites.  That creates a lot of headaches for businesses who may want to post their products and see what kind of responses they get (before paying for a sponsorship), and certainly for members who want to discuss products.  Members need to be able to discuss businesses and products freely, there's no way I will set up a site environment where members can only post products from paid sponsors, that's just silliness.

Ultimately, what may happen is sponsors may need to pay a fee to place an ad or alternately donate items, services to the site for giveaways, etc...but it wouldn't give them exclusivity on the site (i.e. other businesses that may overlap in goods and services who do not have a paid sponsor subscription wouldn't be restricted from posting).  There's a few ways to approach it, and again requires some thought on how to do it where it benefits everyone.