IGNORED

Not a lot of bear posts

birdshotnj

I had 4 particular baits all miles apart from each other that had between 4-10 different bears each.  I’ve seen more bear this year than last.  All my spots went just about dead about a week ago.  I hunt were there is very little if any pressure that I know of.  I think the huge amount of recent natural foods (mostly acorns) and this ridiculous hot and humid weather contributed to there disappearance.  Plus, a lot of guys (and gals) I hunt with are holding out for particular bears.  Many have passed on opportunities.  If the season was held two weeks ago, I believe the harvest numbers would have tripled.  Let’s hope the cooler weather tomorrow and Saturday gets a few more moving.  Bear numbers are definitely down some but a lot more kills are needed to get this population to where it should be.  

I have had about the best baits you can use go totally untouched the last two weeks.

There is an insane amount of acorns and each rain the amount on the ground triples,

IMO all this rain is keeping those luring smells to carry as far as normal into the woods.

Hoping this quick change of air the next few days makes a change.

I will be freshening up the baits tomorrow and hoping for the best saturday

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

My buddy got one Tuesday, on Wednesday I had 8 bears show up, I was waiting for the one I saw who was huge.  Saturday will be a different story if they show up! The numbers need to be reduced bad !

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers: