IGNORED

Tyler Childers - Whitehouse Road

Swamp_Yankee

Turn off Luke Bryant, Jason Aldean, and the rest of those pretty boy pop princesses and give this guy a listen.  Heard this song for the first time in the truck yesterday and it blew me away:

I've been a big Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Jamey Johnson fan for a long time now-I had heard of this guy but hadn't caught any of his music until yesterday.  I don't know what to call what you hear on the radio these days or how things went so wrong, but these guys picked up where Hank, Willie, Waylon, Kris, CDB, and Cash left off in the 1970s.  This isn't just reheated outlaw country from back then however, it's new, real, and raw as hell, just carrying on and honoring the same traditions.  

"Lord its a mighty hard livin'-but a damn good feelin' to run these roads..."

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

9 minutes ago, ESetter said:

The album is called "Purgatory" and is a solid listen. Better than the tractor rap played on today's "country" stations.

"Tractor Rap"  - that frames today's country music perfectly.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 hours ago, buckhound said:

what they call country music today not saying its bad but it sounds more like a rock ballad with twang than country music it's all about glitz and glitter 

Nope-its bad.  You can't call this country music:

1 hour ago, B B said:

Good stuff... finally!  Shame he won't make it in this so called "country music" day and age.  

Goin to see Jamey Johnson this weekend.

He doesn't need to.  The internet, live shows, and satellite radio are all these guys need.  Sturgill Simpson will never sell out Giants Stadium or have his own brand of rum but I'd say he's doing pretty well otherwise.  Where is Jamey Johnson playing?

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Just gave Tyler Childers a listen and it's awesome -my kind of music, a lot like Steve Earl...   ("I feel alright" by Steve is like the best song ever)

BTW - "Dan and Shay", is about as bad as it gets.  All I see when I hear any of their songs is "Brokeback Mountain".

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….