IGNORED

10-5, Z5 buck mission = Slammer down

JHbowhunter

Mission has started in my woods this morning before work. Gotta say - very disappointed. I am sitting where my target buck stood 6:45 am last Sunday while I had already gotten down to rush my father to the ER. White and red oaks still dropping and the torrential rains of the week certainly released a bunch. Water everywhere but I am on a dry oak flat funnel.  Slow so far. Very surprised. I have a razor sharp self-sharpened 125gr ready to launch from the new 60# Triax though. A buddy hunting 2 miles away on a good oak ridge isn’t seeing anything either. 

12C81556-C47F-4CD6-A122-9808787B824A.jpeg

7FD17A6F-6B3D-4F01-8EEC-2D4CA7F94449.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Good Luck! 

Mornings last weekend were slow for me too. Hoping the cooler temps tomorrow morning get things going. I checked a set I have on the opposite side of our property on Wednesday afternoon and there are a lot of acorns dropping over there. I have a good wind for that stand tomorrow morning so hopefully the deer cooperate.

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

Good luck Jack.  Crazy how it changes.  Had 6 bucks on my camera a week ago and the last week barely a doe and just a spike.  Love how it changes.  Never makes it easy.  The chase is what we really love. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

A few minutes ago, I almost took out three does with my brand new truck. They came running off an embankment right in front me. Good luck hunting this morning Jack. My son and I will be out tomorrow afternoon after work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

19 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Good luck Jack.  I'm planning on getting out of work ASAP today and getting an evening sit in.  Gonna be watching the damn clock all day 

we have two more afternoons of decent weather, then HOT again for Sunday afternoon.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….