IGNORED

Sinew backed shortbow-WTS Price Reduced

Sticks n' Stones2

49", 55# @ 26" max, the bow is west coast pacific yew with deer back sinew backing for added cast and performance. The bow is a replica of a Wintu tribe bow in a museum somewhere that I forget.  The bow works best with lighter arrows, 3oos-low 500s. It has rabbit fur silencers on the tips which are covered with rawhide. The handle is wrapped in buckskin. I coated the bow with 4 coats of outdoor poly to protect the sinew. Being that it's sinew backed, the poundage can fluctuate a little based on humidity mainly. Ideally the bow would perform best in an arid environment out in hot sun, however I've shot it during the summer when it's been 90%+ humidity and didn't have much issue. Keep in mind this is an all natural bow and not a compound, you won't be able to perfectly tune it. I put a 56" 14 strand Flemish twist string on it (not pictured, brace height same or little more)  One of the tips are warped, however it is still perfectly safe to shoot. I'll get more pictures and more details about the bow tomorrow.  PM me for questions or if interested. I'm in Sparta, 07871.

I'd like $285, sinew backed bows usually are $400+

Wintu Bow.jpg

Wintu.jpg

Edited by Sticks n' Stones2

1 minute ago, LPJR said:

Nicely done Sticks! Looks like that bow has the name Rusty all over it! He would love it I am sure...

GLWS :up:

Thanks I can't take all the credit though, I had the bow itself floor tillered and had the tips steam bent by a bowyer, I did the final scraping, and backed it with the sinew glued with hide glue. The bow took awhile to leave his place and get to mine, and somewhere along the way it developed a warp in the lower tip.

1 minute ago, Sticks n' Stones2 said:

Thanks I can't take all the credit though, I had the bow itself floor tillered and had the tips steam bent by a bowyer, I did the final scraping, and backed it with the sinew glued with hide glue. The bow took awhile to leave his place and get to mine, and somewhere along the way it developed a warp in the lower tip.

I think I can recall Rusty saying that he wanted your family to adopt him a couple of times. :rofl:

That bow is a piece of art, all kidding aside. Well done :up: