IGNORED

Quick run North for Salmon

nmc02

I decided to do a day trip to the Salmon River. I have heard mixed reviews for fishing reports. It was a nice day overall. I fished from noon until 6. I landed 4 and hooked about a dozen. It was enough to keep me interested, but it was far from a big run. Supposedly fish are stacked up in the estuary waiting to enter the river...

20181003_231008.jpg

20181003_231031.jpg

20181003_231108.jpg

That is a matter of preference. Some prefer fly rods.....I recommend a 10 ft, 8 wt echo ion fly rod. If you spin fish you will see a ton of different spinning rods. I love the cortland noodle rod....great price & durable. https://www.fishusa.com/product/FishUSA-Cortland-Endurance-Noodle-Rod?utm_source=google_ps&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_ps&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9NbdBRCwARIsAPLsnFa1qSu9ZAdh3tndTcav-Ok74DF0XftjeWX5YqW2BWpk0DnFjOWP6DgaAkBtEALw_wcB

There are many guys using ugly sticks too. 

I have waaaay too many fresh and saltwater rods, but I don't think I have a good rod for salmon fishing the rivers...   What does one need up there?

What Nick stated above is spot on as to equipment. The only variation i would add is when it comes to fly rods a 7 weight switch rod has a lot of advantages when it comes to presentation and fighting fish. The longer length, stiffer butt section and extended handle are advantageous in many ways. Plus it doubles as a tremendous steelhead set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM