Jump to content
IGNORED

Best Semi Auto Shotguns/pumps


MPSR

Recommended Posts

This has been a topic for years.. Who makes the best?

I Own a Browing gold, Bennelli Super Black Eagle 3, A Berretta, Remington 1187 Premiere.

I say their all great guns!  My 1187 premiere is a pre 2000 model.  The browning is the 20 gauge gold deer hunter which outshoots my savage bolt. The Benelli and Beretta are both built well, but for durability nothing beats the Benelli.

For pumps I own them all and if I could have only one gun in my safe it would be my 870 wingmaster. And yes pre-2000 error.

I will say my mossbergs action sucks. I don’t shoot buckshot anymore but if I did it would be the go to gun. 

lets here it guys..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't own any of the higher end guns but love what I have..  I have a stoeger 3500 and p350.  A mossberg 500 a rem 1187 premier a browning b80 20 guage a stoeger 3000.  They all serve their purpose..  my premier is pre 2000 as well so is my mossberg..  my stoeger has performed flawlessly in the 8 years I've owned the 3500.  Except one malfunction that I figured out was build up on the pin for the rotary bolt..  my mossberg has been through hell.  Maybe not the smoothest or prettiest but it's a work horse..  it's been a gun a paddle and a walking stick lol..  the p350 i bought to use on the bay and it has held up..  I buy my guns to use and some get abused.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an SBE II and would probably not get another Benelli of similar build quality.  Gun fits great and shoots well but just seems cheaply made.  Camo wore off pretty quickly in areas.  Some play/movement in the foregrip, etc.  I'd probably go with the Browning Gold if I got another. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A gun is like a porn star. We all have our favorites for different reasons. Some we have so much confidence with, others not so much. Let's get this thread kicked up a notch and post pics of our favorites. I have a beretta a400 xtreme my wife got me a few years back. The gun just shoots so well for me. Ill post a pic later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hands down the Beretta AL391 Urika2. Most reliable, soft shooting and well balanced semi i have ever used. A friend of mine and I put these through some serious use and pushed the envelope trying to get it to malfunction. In one year we used it for ducks, birds, a tower shoot and 9 rounds of sporting clays without cleaning anything but the barrel interior. You just can’t get this gun to malfunction. The optima choke system throws beautiful patterns with EVERYTHING. Over a thousand shots with no maintenance speaks for itself. When you do choose to give a thorough cleaning the barrel, action and trigger assembly are so easy to completely disassemble even a true novice could do it

As for pumps I won’t buy new, i will take any year Winchester Model 12 over anything. I own quite a few. Never jams, shoot great patterns and probably the best balance pump ever made. There is a reason they dominated the trap ranges for years

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

AWM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1100 (from 84) and 1187 to me

 

BUT, a good friend of mine's uncle went to Argentina for i think doves,  and the only shot guns that held up were Beretta. The guids said none of the others would hold up for the amount of shots.

 

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last few years I have used a Mossberg 930 and it has been flawless. Love my Mossberg 835 for Turkey and as a bad weather backup. But as I write, I did just ordered a Winchester SX4. It's a universal hunter, 3.5 and a 26 inch barrel. Will be picking up today or tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I don't own any of the higher end guns but love what I have..  I have a stoeger 3500 and p350.  A mossberg 500 a rem 1187 premier a browning b80 20 guage a stoeger 3000.  They all serve their purpose..  my premier is pre 2000 as well so is my mossberg..  my stoeger has performed flawlessly in the 8 years I've owned the 3500.  Except one malfunction that I figured out was build up on the pin for the rotary bolt..  my mossberg has been through hell.  Maybe not the smoothest or prettiest but it's a work horse..  it's been a gun a paddle and a walking stick lol..  the p350 i bought to use on the bay and it has held up..  I buy my guns to use and some get abused.....

I've been back and forth on what to buy recently , I'm coming down to the 3500 I think . I've been reading a lot of great reviews .im glad to see another . 

 

Ive owned a mossberg 500 for 10 years now , I bought it new . Never had a single issue . It's been used very hard since day one . Only thing I replaced was the front Bead sight when I wacked it on a branch one night hunting coyote .

Edited by Bad64chevelle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, birdshotnj said:

A gun is like a porn star. We all have our favorites for different reasons. Some we have so much confidence with, others not so much. Let's get this thread kicked up a notch and post pics of our favorites. I have a beretta a400 xtreme my wife got me a few years back. The gun just shoots so well for me. Ill post a pic later

Yeah, but I like the rear end loaders over the front end loaders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In all seriousness now, this is a tough question. Almost all guns today are reliable. The differences are fit and feel. The average hunter may shoot 20 or 30 rounds per year. A competition shooter thousands. That's where the difference in a quality gun pays off. You won't get a definitive answer on this. Buy the best gun you can easily afford and it will serve you well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bad64chevelle said:

I've been back and forth on what to buy recently , I'm coming down to the 3500 I think . I've been reading a lot of great reviews .im glad to see another . 

 

Ive owned a mossberg 500 for 10 years now , I bought it new . Never had a single issue . It's been used very hard since day one . Only thing I replaced was the front Bead sight when I wacked it on a branch one night hunting coyote .

Where are u located..  if we meet at a wma I would let u try before you buy one..  they ste not the prettiest but they run

Edited by vdep217
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...