IGNORED

Crossbow bolt recommendations

BillW0323

Tenpoint pro elite.  Come with omni nocks.  I know Jerry is a favorite, and many like the BEE arrows, but I had bad luck with both.  Vanes falling off in the quiver, inserts and nocks popping out,  and vanes going wavy that were suppose to have good memory.  Didn't notice any difference in accuracy by indexing, over the pro elites.  Pro elites also come with target points that belly out to make a bigger hole than the shaft, making it a lot easier to pull out than the tips on Jerry's, that I believe cost me extra.  Used one of his arrows as a discharge arrow this year, and the insert stayed in the target when I pulled the arrow out.  Hot glued in another and haven't had that problem since.

Edited by Greybeard

It depends on what arrow and insert you are using.  I had south shore archery set me up spinal tapps 20” with 92 grn brass inserts and 100 grain tips total 424 grain I think my foc is right around 25%.  Spinal tapps are a excellent arrow they are black eagle arrows that jerry has made for him.  

It depends on what arrow and insert you are using.  I had south shore archery set me up spinal tapps 20” with 92 grn brass inserts and 100 grain tips total 424 grain I think my foc is right around 25%.  Spinal tapps are a excellent arrow they are black eagle arrows that jerry has made for him.  

Interesting, executioners in 20” have a 92 grain brass insert and 22” have a 100grain insert i believe. So what exactly is different in the ones he is having made or is it just the name? Seriously, nut busting chops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

I’ve been shooting Victory Xtremes lately and have been very happy with them except for their nicks. They have  an interchangeable nick system. I use halfmoons. I shoot a Stryker Katana 385 which is one of the compounds you can let down instead of having to shoot to discharge. They have a string catch anti-dry fire system which works great. To unlock the bow you use you cocking rope. You pull it all the way out one side, pull it enough to take tension off the trigger, let it down past the string catch on the trigger, push in a lever that is the anti dryfire catch and let it down. Easy. To get to my point, I loaded my first arrow and was about to shoot when my wife needed me. So, rather than just take a hasty shot, I removed the arrow and I uncocked the bow real quick. Except, it didn’t uncock. I released tension on the rope and it just stayed there...until it suddenly let loose. Luckily I still had the rope in my hand and caught it before it dry fired. After checking it out it seems that the two piece nock has a small lip on it which caught on the anti dry fire finger leaving the interchangeable part of the nock stuck under the finger. God knows what would have happened if I had shot the bow. I’m sure I would be ordering strings and limbs at the least. Glued in some standard halfmoon nicks and all is good. They shoot very well and are durable. I know not a lot of people shoot Strykers and sorry for the long winded post but, Stryker and Excalibur are the same company and Excals May have the same anti dry fire arrangement so maybe I can save some heartache to an Excalibur owner. Btw, if you get a chance to shoot a Stryker Katana, give one a shot. I have 3 different Stryker models and they have all been very very good bows. Very efficient, fast and dead on with one of the if not the best, trigger out there.

SSA is both spine indexing and weight matching his sets to higher tolerances than normal distributors.

The shafts he is using are very simaler to the Zombie slayers.

Anyone wanting their bow or xbow to shoot its best should be doing all that with the stuff they make themselves,

ISnt hard to do any of it and get the same results 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/