IGNORED

time to learn how to trap

mazzgolf

That does it! :rant:These yotes are annoying me now. It's to the point where I almost would rather spend my time trapping these yotes then hunting deer. Good thing I signed up for the trapping education course coming up in two weeks.  Now I'm looking forward to it - they gonna have anyone selling snares afterwards? :) 

At my buddy's place this morning, I get up early, go in at dark, sit for a little bit - then I hear a police siren in the distance and the !@#$ yodel dogs start singing. The whole pack of them. They were directly behind me at my 6 o'clock, but very far away. I figure - OK, well, they are far enough away, maybe a doe is still around. But then, a minute later, directly in FRONT of me at my 12 o'clock (and could not have been more than 100 yards away), a single yote starts howling back to its clan. I never saw it, but it was REAL close. So close, I was expecting to see it pretty quickly if it started moving toward the location of the pack (I was directly in between both). Never did see it.

Of course, never saw a deer either... well, that is until....I received the final insult to make the morning complete ... I walked back to my truck at 8:30am (which was parked a ways down the dirt driveway) - and guess what was bedded next to the truck not 10 paces away from it? A doe.:whatever: 

Next time, I'm just gonna hunt from the truck. :D

Def go to the space farms auction, check out Snare one, I believe he's a sponsor here or at least advertises. Trapping is a full-time job. Set traps and by law ( ethically speaking as well) you must return the check then within 24 hours. Set a line,  no matter what your situation is you must return the next day, can't just say you don't feel like and scrap it for the day. That being said it's incredibly rewarding and will make you a more well rounded outdoorsman with a much better attention to detail. Setting a Snare has a TINY margin for error, hang a tree stand and depending on weapon you have up to a 100 yard circle you need to cover, hang a Snare and you need the critter to stick his head directly inside that 8 inch etc loop. You will be humbled, you'll learn a lot And every morning when you have traps out is like Christmas. Remember, snow betrays all that walks. Good luck.

"Natures law of tooth and claw is far crueler then any death I could ever bestow" - Fred Bear

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

Yup what he said ^^^^

It's Christmas  every day when trapping :up: but will make you a better hunter. Just don't think trapping coyotes is going to be easy. The can make you nut more than deer hunting. 

All of this statement is so true it should be etched in stone.

At this point, I'm already going nuts so can't go more insane than I already am. I have so many coyotes around here, it's more than annoying. I want them dead!! I want their puppies dead!!! I want to burn their dens into the ground!!!! (ok, well, the dens are already in the ground, but you know what I mean).

5 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Next time, I'm just gonna hunt from the truck. :D

While hunting last year I could see my truck parked 200 yards away along the edge of a field.  Half an hour before dark I watch a nice buck walk across the field right up to my truck.  It spent a minute sniffing the back bumper (dried deer blood) then casually went on its way.  I should have hunted from the truck too.  :rofl: