IGNORED

Montauk Fluking

SPEARFISH

So I let my son talk me into taking him and his friends out to Montauk Sunday for a fluke trip.  I thought it would suck with the NE wind, and it did.  We started the day with wind against tide and hardly any drift.  There were 5 of us and we got a total of 3 fluke.  I got a 4 and a 5lber and one of his friends had a 3 lber.  There are some fish there and the pool fish at 8-9lbs was caught right next to me.  One guy I saw had 4 keepers, and he was high hook.  Most had  0-2 fish.  I think if we had better conditions we would have had better luck.  There are some solid fish there and the boat total was probably around 30 fish for 35 people.

Just now, Bannock-pt. said:

Heard the bass fishing was on fire in Montauk last week. I have always found fluke to be hit or miss this time of the yr. However any day we can fish with our children is a blessing. 

You heard right. I was on a charter 9/15, we had our boat limit of bass by 8:30 AM (along with a handful of blues). Spent the rest of the day bottom fishing, LOTS of quality porgies & seabass came over the rail.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Heard the bass fishing was on fire in Montauk last week. I have always found fluke to be hit or miss this time of the yr. However any day we can fish with our children is a blessing. 

Heard the same and saw some guys at the dock with some nice ones.  One of our mates caught an Albie on a Deadly Dick.  It was great to fish with my son and his friends.