IGNORED

Opinions on head on or quartering to shots

vdep217

I know its probly Been debated but want  to hear honest opinions..  after my doe last night and some probably deserved scrutiny from a couple of friends I want to hear others thoughts...  I have taken a total of 4 head on or quartering to me shots with the bow.  All 4 had thurs in common all 15 yrds ir closer and none running more than 25 yrds after shot..  I am confident with my set up being able to do it..  I will not take it more than 15 yrds and would never shoot walking dead away...  what's every one's thoughts

I have taken one quartering to shot intentionally and consider myself lucky that it worked out. It was a good eight point that only made it about 60 yds. Would I do it again?....NO!  It is a lower percentage shot, even though I probably could have done it on numerous more deer through the years I just wont do it again. If you feel comfortable in the shot then it's up to you. But if doesn't work out well then you may deserve to get beat up by others about it:) You know the risks!!

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Whitetail31 said:

The frontal shot is deadly I just aim a lot lower than you did the other day on that doe.  If you aim lower you can hit heart and lungs.  I take that shot and some think I am crazy.

With the angle lower wouldn't have pt the arrow in lungs as it where I hit

I would 15 yards or less as you did, but I would have to be convinced no better shot will present itself.  Since I would much rather shoot a deer walking away / quartering away, it has ALWAYS worked out for me in 34 years of bowhunting to not take that shot.   I can't think of one time where I waited and a nice broadside or quartering away shot didn't' result. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

6 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I would 15 yards or less as you did, but I would have to be convinced no better shot will present itself.  Since I would much rather shoot a deer walking away / quartering away, it has ALWAYS worked out for me in 34 years of bowhunting to not take that shot.   I can't think of one time where I waited and a nice broadside or quartering away shot didn't' result. 

She had me pegged stomping and snorting..  she didn't actually see me till I drew but I knowed how the doe gets once they feel its something not right

6 minutes ago, Black Bear Bowhunter said:

I did so once and hit the spine into the heart because the buck was close and I was high in a stand. 

Another question: Would you aim at the neck? Severe the arteries and maybe even spine= dead deer on the spot? If course only if 100% sure.

Just a broad side neck..  no there is no possibility of hitting vital organs just the neck