IGNORED

Old tree stands?

Highguy

I was going through my hunting locker and was looking at some of the old tree stands I have kept but I am wondering why? I have my original "Baker" tree stand with a fold down seat attached. Remember doing the "Baker Slide" and that was before we had the good sense to use any type of safety belt! I also looked at my old "Tree Lounge". I once climbed up a tall tree to over 40 feet in PA one year. I thought I would faint when it got light and I saw how far I had climbed up. I then looked at a stand I used for many seasons called a "Woods & Water" it has a climbing seat aid that allowed you to pull yourself up than lift the stand with your feet. Rounding out the stands I don't use anymore is a "Tree Sling" and a "Loggie Bayou" Are there others I might have missed. Remember with the exception of the "Tree Sling" these are all climbing stands not lock ons. I have too many of those to even start listing. Just wondering if there are any other deer hunting fanatics out there like this old buck?

22 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Yes, you missed a classic. The original tree crotch. When i look at mine today i still can’t believe i used to stand on that little thing 20’ in the air LOL I can take a pic of it if you ate not familiar with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I even made a few of those wedge stands .

Even made a few baker copies out of stainless steel angle, they were about 50 pounds when complete lol

Had  regular Bakers as well as the mighty mite , then TSS , then moved to Loc ons and screaming eagles.

Used Anderson tree sling as well as Linemans belt for many years to move around quickly 

Still have an Aluminum TSS climber , as well as a Joint effort stand when TSS combined with Loc on to make a climbing version of the wind walker.

Today that is still one of my favorite stands if using a climber .

what a difference in 45 years LOL of hunting 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Loggy lite was my first stand ever. I got it when I was 13. I'm 33 now. Have climbed thousands of trees with that stand in 8 states.I have a summit viper now and have had many variations of vipers over the years. My current one is setup to be PERFECT for me. That being said, anything over 1/2 mile walk in inuse my original loggy and I still love it the same today.

"Natures law of tooth and claw is far crueler then any death I could ever bestow" - Fred Bear

42 minutes ago, OneShot1Kill said:

Loggy lite was my first stand ever. I got it when I was 13. I'm 33 now. Have climbed thousands of trees with that stand in 8 states.I have a summit viper now and have had many variations of vipers over the years. My current one is setup to be PERFECT for me. That being said, anything over 1/2 mile walk in inuse my original loggy and I still love it the same today.

Loved everything about my Loggy Bayou climber for years....Until the one day I slid 18 feet down while climbing a wet maple during the rut....I wasn't screaming the WHOLE way down though....:rofl:

the tree crotch lol !!!  I remember jumping on that thing 15 ft above the ground to get it to lock in and then screwing in my seat lol ...  I still have my tree crotch.  I still use my loggy Bayou also. The seat on that stand is by far the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on.   The screaming eagle was another favorite of mine.  I still use my screaming eagle and feel very safe in it.  Funny looking back at the ways we used to do things...  

10 hours ago, LPJR said:

Loved everything about my Loggy Bayou climber for years....Until the one day I slid 18 feet down while climbing a wet maple during the rut....I wasn't screaming the WHOLE way down though....:rofl:

When I was in my mid 20s, a few teens from our old PA deer camp arrived and hunted archery out of Loggy Bayou stands.  I bought one the next week as soon as I got home.  Didn't have the climbing aid at first, but I bought that later and it was a huge help.  I replaced it with a Summit Goliath, but I know what you mean about it sliding sometimes.  Especially wet, smooth bark trees like maples! 

We found this old climber last November at our newer deer camp near Cooperstown, NY.  Does anyone know the brand?  It was in the leaves at the base of the tree and had clearly not been used in a long, long time.  

Old climber.jpg

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Looks like the origional tree lounger.

I had friends who loved those things . 

The funny thing is that we were setting up a new two man ladder stand for rifle hunting last fall and this was two trees away.  My buddy's neighbor likely owns this stand although he long ago abandoned it.  We left it there for old time's sake.  

Edited by Bucksnbows
fall, not spring