IGNORED

Vacuum Sealer Processing Question

Lou.D

Hey all,

This year I was gifted a vacuum sealer that I plan to use on the deer I harvested. I have done all my own processing in the past with just the normal plastic wrap and freezer paper with good results. My question is, with the vacuum sealed bag, should I wrap that in freezer paper aswell? Will it make any difference? Just wanted to check before I got to cutting. Id hate to have all of the meat not properly finished for the freezer. Thanks.

-Lou

1 minute ago, rocky said:

I go one step further. I like to semi freeze the meat first on a tray in the freezer and then vacuum seal it. That way the liquid don't mess up the sealing process.

We went to a chamber sealer for that reason . don't have to worry about the liquid at all.

They also take out a lot more air that a normal sealer.

Expensive to start , but the savings on the price of bags for the chamber sealer pays for it the first year 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

7 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

We went to a chamber sealer for that reason . don't have to worry about the liquid at all.

They also take out a lot more air that a normal sealer.

Expensive to start , but the savings on the price of bags for the chamber sealer pays for it the first year 

I've never seen that before, I just Googled it & checked out some videos... That thing is freakin Cool!!

15 minutes ago, rackemup said:

I've never seen that before, I just Googled it & checked out some videos... That thing is freakin Cool!!

they are great. we got the vacmaster 215 ( same as 210 but with oil pump it has more power)

bags are less than a nickle a piece, so we use it for everything 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/