IGNORED

Wood heat and this time of year

kanigie

I take pride in not using our propane furnace. I use our fancy nest thermostat to monitor the heat put off by our woodstove when not home.

As it gets a little cooler I'll start building small fires with small splits of wood that burn hot and quick to take the chill out in the morning. House is small, 1,700 sq ft and 2 of the 3 bedroom doors all winter stay closed as we don't use them. I've been looking at those quartz space heaters but haven't purchased one yet.

For stubborn like-minded individuals how to you heat your house this time of year? 

The law in NJ states that renters don't have the heat turned on until October.  I treat my family like renters.  No heat until October (or Deer Season).  Ironic how both occur at the same time.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I heat with a woodstove but we always wait as long as possible before lighting it for the first time, which is usually around 11/1.  The 50s at night is ideal sleeping weather.   Windows are still wide open and just have a thin comforter on the bed.  

I still just wear shorts and  tshirts around the house.  Sleep in only shorts at night all year round.  No hoodies or sweatpants yet.  

9 hours ago, Rusty said:

Yup.  Our house goes down to around 60 overnight then warms up to around 67 by late afternoon.  

I am doing same, last year I did fire it up a few times late September, it's 69 in house right now and have yet to turn heat on. It got down to 64 this morning.   I need a few days of DRY weather to bring some DRY wood into garage soon.    When was the last time we had 4 days in a row of dry weather?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I am doing same, last year I did fire it up a few times late September, it's 69 in house right now and have yet to turn heat on. It got down to 64 this morning.   I need a few days of DRY weather to bring some DRY wood into garage soon.    When was the last time we had 4 days in a row of dry weather?

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

10 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I need a few days of DRY weather to bring some DRY wood into garage soon.    When was the last time we had 4 days in a row of dry weather?

:pout:

We opened a closet that has our winter coats in it and they are all covered in mold.  This has been one of the wettest years I can ever remember.  

Edited by Rusty