IGNORED

Type of crossbow rest for ground blind?

supr78nova

For all of you who hunt out of ground blinds with crossbows, do you prefer shooting sticks, bipods, or tripods? Which one and why? I know a tripod would be the most stable platform, but is there enough room inside a ground blind to use it? Is it even necessary?

I've never hunted out of a ground blind, but my youngest nephew (8 yrs old) expressed some interest in hunting (he asked me if I needed help) the other week so I'm thinking about picking up a ground blind so he can tag along. I usually hunt out if a climber or ladder stand that both have rails to shoot off of so I have never needed a rest. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I bought a Dead Shot field pod for Tracey to use out of the blind.

It fits fine even with 2 people in the blind.

It allows the xbow to be set up ready to go. allows pretty easy movement, and is absolutely rock steady .

It works great for sighting in the xbow also .

I helped a friend set up a KI370 the other day, shooting off the field pod we had it set and hitting dimes in ten minutes at 30 yards .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

This is the setup that I bought for my daughter. It’s a stable platform that we use for the xbow, muzzleloader and slug gun.  I also started using it and would not hunt out of the blind without it.  It allows you to stay on target for a unlimited amount of time with no fatigue and minimal movement.      69A858E0-8266-4D31-BD30-832CEC46B45F.thumb.jpeg.7e8fb44ee78e56db1a9771f5116564c1.jpeg

I rarely shoot from a ground blind but when do I use BOG shooting sticks that were given to me as a present.  On the plus they do a good job stabilizing my shot and are light weight but it’s another item to carry and deal with.  If I didn’t have them I’d use an appropriate sized stick found in the woods.  Is it necessary? I would say it depends on your ability to hold the bow steady.  The BOG does fit inside comfortably in my 2-man blind. 

Caldwell Deadshot Origional.  The wife used it in the blind the other day and I used it on the ground, not in a blind, when I shot my buck this year.  Your crossbow is ready to go and it minimizes movement big time when the time comes to shoot, especially when things happen quick.   It also frees up a hand when ya gotta use a range finder.   

$77 on Amazon

83D793AF-6153-4041-A04A-E93602A0FA90.jpeg

Edited by B B

1 hour ago, B B said:

Caldwell Deadshot Origional.  The wife used it in the blind the other day and I used it on the ground, not in a blind, when I shot my buck this year.  Your crossbow is ready to go and it minimizes movement big time when the time comes to shoot, especially when things happen quick.   It also frees up a hand when ya gotta use a range finder.   

$77 on Amazon

83D793AF-6153-4041-A04A-E93602A0FA90.jpeg

Heard they will be adding a auto rangefinder and remote trigger firing from your mobile device for the 2019/2020 season enough already. :rofl: