IGNORED

So word is.....Jorge and Sons is closed....yet again.

Livesintrees

Since Jorge is history has anyone used any of these guys recently?

These two North Haledon guys are close to home for me.

Brian Laube
North Haledon, NJ
973-427-0356

I have heard good things about Brian Laube in the past. I haven't heard any recent reviews. I called him to butcher a deer about three years ago and got voicemail so I went to Jorge. He did call back that night, but it was too late.

Mitchell's Custom Cuts
North Haledon, NJ 
973-423-3874 

Both this guy and Brian Laube are close to home, but I haven't any feed back on Michell's. 

Has anyone ever used these guys???

On the up side I am also hunting a farm in Lebanon. There are several well known butchers near there that are also HHH butchers, but I am not going to drive there with a deer I shoot in Z3,4,5,6.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, 230jhp said:

Since Jorge is history has anyone used any of these guys recently?

These two North Haledon guys are close to home for me.

Brian Laube
North Haledon, NJ
973-427-0356

I have heard good things about Brian Laube in the past. I haven't heard any recent reviews. I called him to butcher a deer about three years ago and got voicemail so I went to Jorge. He did call back that night, but it was too late.

Mitchell's Custom Cuts
North Haledon, NJ 
973-423-3874 

Both this guy and Brian Laube are close to home, but I haven't any feed back on Michell's. 

Has anyone ever used these guys???

On the up side I am also hunting a farm in Lebanon. There are several well known butchers near there that are also HHH butchers, but I am not going to drive there with a deer I shoot in Z3,4,5,6.

Jorge is closed, moving to Couth Carolina, and as for Mitchells' never again, dirty no refridgeration and cut the way they want or the easiest for them. 

2 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I just used Mitchell's for the first time last week. He's an okay butcher. He is in Hawthorne.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Used them years ago. Wasn’t impressed. Not to say they aren’t good or they haven’t made some changes. But back then anyway nothing was vacuumed sealed etc. 

3 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Used them years ago. Wasn’t impressed. Not to say they aren’t good or they haven’t made some changes. But back then anyway nothing was vacuumed sealed etc. 

I used to use Mitchell’s until I found out about Jorge’s so I stopped using them. I started using Jimmy Young in Hardwick this season (2 deer) so far and I like his options. Although he does not vacuum seal, he doesn’t make you take home all the scraps, bones and hide like Mitchell’s does. 

Edited by BillW0323