IGNORED

TriStar Over and Under shotguns

MPSR

Looking for a new over and under that won't break the bank. I bought a Beretta Diamond Elite 2 years back and I'm not looking to bang it up this year with the new pup.

People rave about the Tristars but don't know much about them. For those of you that use them please give me your thoughts. Its going to be a to me for dad kinda thing as I'm retiring his Stoeger 20. I have to say that gun went 7 years strong but horrific trigger to say the least. I've been looking at Steven's as well

Take a look at the ATI Cavalry. A friend of mine and me both bought them for bunny hunting in thick brush where a gun takes a beating. Three years later neither of us have had any issues and this little 28ga U/U has become one of my favorite guns. Light, handles well, operates reliably and definitely is affordable to anyone looking for an O/U that may take some abuse afield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

I do not have a tristar but the reviews online on them have been good.  I am looking for a beater over and under but I cannot decide between the tristar, stevens or CZ Drake.  I wish I could help but I am in the same boat as you.

A friend has a Tristar. The forearm has come loosed and had to be epoxy bedded for better fit, a firing pin has broken and the selective safety gets caught between barrels quite a bit.
Another friend has the stevens and has had similar issues with the safety. Seems both of these guns have a very weak selector spring which kind of allows the tang safety to float around a bit. CZ makes a very solid gun, I haven’t heard any complaints about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM