IGNORED

Best target for stopping Crossbow broad heads 400

MPSR

Bought the new Barnett 420 Ghost Vergence  for blind hunting. 

The good - Super Quit, and Wicked fast.

The Bad...

Well long story short, I bought a block, and the black hole. The block they almost gone completely threw at 30 yards and the black hole they blow through not even stopping them at all. Keep in mind these are designed for crossbows.

For field points the Morrell bag I purchased at skylands sports works great..

I had a similar situation with my matrix 380.  my BH shoots same a as field point. To confirm I made a target I put in front of my block target to stop the bolt. Get as many news papers or old books, duck tape them together about 10 inches thick.  Put that in front of your block. This is only to confirm point of impact,  not target shooting. 

11 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Blob Targets, hands down.  Not cheap and heavy but they will stop the bolts and last a long time

http://www.blobtargets.net/

I got one a bunch of years back when BOONER from NJH ran south to the manufacturer to pick up a bunch, and several of us pre-ordered through him.  I was going through a bag a year until I got the Blob.  Now I've had it the last 7 or more years and still only shoot at the original side.  Eventually I will turn it around and get another 50% of its life out of it.  Broadheads are actually easier to remove than field points until it has some years shooting at it to soften up.   My daughter shoots her crossbow at it while I shoot my compound.  

This past winter I made my own.

Framed with 2x8's any size LxW you desire, faces are the bags farmers sell corn in. Stuffing I used it pallet wrap. You can really stuff it tight to stop any arrow you can throw at it. I've had to replace the face twice now but I shoot probably 20 arrows almost daily. 

target.jpg

36 minutes ago, kanigie said:

This past winter I made my own.

Framed with 2x8's any size LxW you desire, faces are the bags farmers sell corn in. Stuffing I used it pallet wrap. You can really stuff it tight to stop any arrow you can throw at it. I've had to replace the face twice now but I shoot probably 20 arrows almost daily. 

target.jpg

You shoot broadheads into that?