jsickles33

Franklin Township Permits

8 minutes ago, ModernOutdoorsMan said:

I didnt get mine last year until a week after the season started. I was pretty pissed

Yeah, it's facking ridiculous. They go to an automated system and now it's even slower.

I did notice that someone recently took down last years signage at a couple of the properties. Perhaps they are waiting for new signs again?

Edited by newjerseyhunter

Got mine for 10 mile (I only bow hunt Bunker Hill Rd) on Thursday of last week. Was impressed they came out more than a week ahead of time finally. 

I hunt 10 mile also... what butcher do you guys use? The closest one I can find is Big Dogs he does great work but almost 40 minutes away are there any closer?

Also if you ever need a hand let me know I live right there 

7 hours ago, Herd Buck said:

I hunt 10 mile also... what butcher do you guys use? The closest one I can find is Big Dogs he does great work but almost 40 minutes away are there any closer?

Did you get your permits?

I use Roche in Whitehouse Station. 

8 hours ago, Herd Buck said:

I have used Big Dogs as well as I've used them since he was in South River, stinks its a longer ride now but been happy with his work. 

Appreciate the offer, I'm about 10 mins away in Milltown, so same offer, willing to lend a helping hand when free. 

5 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

So how is the general public supposed to know which twp's you need a permit to hunt?

I find out through doing research. Franklin Twp requires you to fill out applications for permits which are free. Middlesex County Parks also lets you hunt several areas, you need to apply for a permit at the park office in person but lots of opportunities. Just have sometimes dig for info to find. 

12 hours ago, jsickles33 said:

I find out through doing research. Franklin Twp requires you to fill out applications for permits which are free. Middlesex County Parks also lets you hunt several areas, you need to apply for a permit at the park office in person but lots of opportunities. Just have sometimes dig for info to find. 

My point was how do you know you need a permit rather than just hunt on the twp property?

1 hour ago, thefirstndsecond said:

My point was how do you know you need a permit rather than just hunt on the twp property?

It is posted on the lands.  

• Like 1