IGNORED

My season so far

BowTechExperience

Where to start?

My alarm goes off at 3:00 am. Jump into the shower. Get dressed and kiss my wife and daughter good bye.

Arriving at my parking spot around 3:47, I sit in the car and relax till 4:30.

Then proceed to put my pack on and begin the mile walk to my stand. I don’t wear my camo clothing other than my base layers because it is a long walk in and I have to cross a creek that can, but has not been a problem yet because of a lack of rain. I was thinking though that because of all the rain that came in on Thursday and Friday there might be an issue, luckily not.

I get to the creek crossing and make my final approach to my stand without spooking out any deer. After putting my final climbing stick in place, I get dressed and climb into my stand and wait for shooting light.

First light comes and goes without the big six I’ve been hunting for the last three weeks. I spotted this buck on the statewide opener while on stand. Matter of fact, I took off that following Tuesday to move my stand so that it would be fresh for that following Saturday. I work on Sundays so I cannot hunt other than on Saturdays.

So anyway around 9:20 ish I see a bit of movement out of the left corner of my eye and low and behold it is doe who is so skinny that I felt sorry for her. I don’t intend to shoot her so I just watch. She fed along the creek edge and left.

The day rolls along and I’m getting sleepy. I have been sitting all day long from pre dawn through 30 minutes after sunset for the last three weeks and it is taking a toll on my sleep, lol.

After my lunch up in the tree, which consisted of a bag of trail mix and two slices of candied pineapple slices, I needed to do something to keep me alert/awake. I can only take crushing candy for so long while on stand.

I took out my knife and whittled a small feather stick from a twig that was sticking off of a tree branch from a neighboring tree that was slightly invading my personal space. Lol ..

Finished up the twig and snapped a few pics with the phone...

Ok, now what?

Then suddenly I hear deer crossing the creek and see two small bucks with racks so thin I think my daughters #2 pencils are thicker...

They pass through and 2 minutes later a doe and her two fawns come across. They are acting as of they were pushed. Once they pass me the two smaller ones cross the other creek that is to my right but the lead/mom doe stopps about 10 yards from crossing over and turns around and begins to watch from where they just came from. I'm thinking big buck or other hunters pushing them.. Either way she is standing there watching for at least 30 minutes and will ot leave. Then she decides to bed down and spend another 90 or so minutes bedded faceing me. I'm well concealed but you never know.

6:49 pm rolls around and it is officially (lol) 30 minutes after sunset and I don't feel gilty about climbing down. The end of another Saturday.....I'm tired

photo3.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo.JPG

photo4.JPG

photo5.JPG

Edited by BowTechExperience

Wow, you're getting pretty bored out there. lol

I give you a lot of credit though; All day sits are tough! And the earlier in the season you do them, the longer they are. Being there is the only way to kill one though, so you have to do what you have to do.

I used to do it more often through the season, but now I usually save my all day sits for the very end of October through November and during six-day firearm.

Good luck next Saturday!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I'm still waiting to see the fork.. :D

County Parks here in Morris county dont allow Saturday hunting yet.. Not till Novemeber.. I dont know how anyone can sit in a stand all day.. 2 hours is tuff for me unless i'm seeing alot of activity.. I can spend all day in the woods, just not in one spot..

:D

I'm still waiting to see the fork.. :D

County Parks here in Morris county dont allow Saturday hunting yet.. Not till Novemeber.. I dont know how anyone can sit in a stand all day.. 2 hours is tuff for me unless i'm seeing alot of activity.. I can spend all day in the woods, just not in one spot..

Lol. Man that fork would take me all day... Might miss seeing that buck...Oh wait...I've not seen him for two weeks..

The key for me is a comfortable seat.