IGNORED

Anyone Deer Hunt in DE (Public Land)?

dlist777

I have a spot on MD eastern shore (private) for this upcoming season.  I went ahead and I bought a DE license too.  I'm going to give DE public hunting a shot this year.  They just legalized Sunday hunting on both public and private, so they have a bow season that runs every day from 9/1 to 1/31.  Anyone here try hunting down there?  Any pointers?  Not looking for spots or anything...just any general info you're willing to share.  

I looked in to it briefly because I used to stay in Bethany Beach every summer, literally 3 minutes away from Assawoman WLA and my buddy and I wanted to bowhunt there in the fall.  We never made it happen though.  Now the beach house has been sold and I regret not taking advantage of it when we could have

Edited by not on the rug

3 hours ago, dlist777 said:

I have a spot on MD eastern shore (private) for this upcoming season.  I went ahead and I bought a DE license too.  I'm going to give DE public hunting a shot this year.  They just legalized Sunday hunting on both public and private, so they have a bow season that runs every day from 9/1 to 1/31.  Anyone here try hunting down there?  Any pointers?  Not looking for spots or anything...just any general info you're willing to share.  

Good luck there but the fact that you can hunt everyday (not that YOU will) IMO ruins it all

14 minutes ago, the truth said:

Can you elaborate? How would it ruin the whole hunting experience?

Depending where you hunt and IF you could literally hunt every single day, it would have too much pressure on the deer and there would be little to zero deer in that particular area...it doesn't ruin the experience just the possibility of harvesting a deer...I've spoken to guys where I hunt when the rut is on and they sometimes say "I've hunted for 3 weeks straight (minus sunday) and didn't see anything...hmmm I know it's the rut and anything can happen but hunting everyday is a lot of pressure on the deer

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

My sister lives just outside of Easton, Maryland.  Was thinking of trying some of the public land down there.  See a lot of deer when driving around.

Use to hunt on a friend’s farm, Fox Harbor Farm in Royal Oak MD, outside of Easton as well on a farm in Denton in the early 2000’s.  Lots of nice bucks down there. 

Delaware is a good state to hunt public lands you are allowed two bucks a year but the second buck must meet their quality buck criteria. Some public land is by daily permits to limit hunters and some state lands are quality buck managed only. You can get information on the web or mailed to you. Good luck as Delaware has some real nice bucks just need to do some work to find them. Also as a bonus they have a dove season!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

Public lands in Delaware have some individual rules, so make sure your read up on them carefully.  I know with many of them, you have to show up, sign in, and stands are assigned to you. You draw a stand number and that is the only place you can go. At least that was how it used to be on some of them. It's been years since I looked at it so it may have changed. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.