IGNORED

Annual Kayak Trip

I plan on launching earlier than you and floating down to your launch to wait for you.  You'll wait for us if we have all the beer.  That's my ace.

The launch that I found may not be an option.  I called the number on the sign from my earlier post, and they no longer own that property.  I am not sure if I'll be able to track down the owner next week, get in touch with them, and ask for permission.  I do have the # for the national forest station for that area to inquire about public launches.  The options are few.  

Worst case we do what we did last year.  Drop off our stuff at the launch, and pay $30-or-so-per-person for the bus ride up with your group to the launch.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

29 minutes ago, kenny10177 said:

Is this trip still on with the storm coming and is it to late to attend?

The trip is still on and you are more than welcome.   The storm won't affect us up here this weekend.  The weather is looking good.  

Edited by Rusty

23 minutes ago, kenny10177 said:
2 hours ago, Rusty said:
The trip is still on and you are more than welcome.   The storm won't affect us up here this weekend.  The weather is looking good.  

Great. Is this kid friendly or an adult trip?

Kids are definitely welcome as long as they can handle a kayak and can swim they should be fine.  :up:

It's the upper Delaware so there are more rapids than further down.  

Edited by Rusty

13 hours ago, kenny10177 said:

Is this kid friendly?

Kenny,  thanks to our buddy Ken Beam you can see the exact stretch of river that we will be going down.  The "rapids" are really just glorified riffles.  The biggest rapids are where the Mongaup River comes in.  That's at 7:05 in the video.  

Edited by Rusty