WTT KAYAK FOR 10FT PLUG ROD

BucksnBass84

I have an 11 foot Ocean Kayak scrambler that I would like to trade for a 10ft rod for lures. 1 to 4 oz. Looking for St. Croix, lamiglas something along those lines with a reel depending on the rod. Kayak comes with the seat anchor to rod holders life jacket, paddle and a milk crate with two other rod holders. The kayak is bright orange I'll post pics after I get home from work. 

Edited by BucksnBass84

Hard trade. But before any moderator gets all bent out of shape.  What are you looking for Salt or fresh water Type of Fishing ( fish sizes ) 1- 4 oz leaves a lot open.  You mention high-end Rods. Why not keep the Kayak and go middle of the line outfit and Fish from it?.                    You are talking about a $600 + kayak stand-alone Lookahead so you are not sorry.  

51BSL3hjSnL._SL1200_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

30 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Hard trade. But before any moderator gets all bent out of shape.  What are you looking for Salt or fresh water Type of Fishing ( fish sizes ) 1- 4 oz leaves a lot open.  You mention high-end Rods. Why not keep the Kayak and go middle of the line outfit and Fish from it?.                    You are talking about a $600 + kayak stand-alone Lookahead so you are not sorry.  

:headscratch:. .... Its plain an simple what he will be fishing for :doh2:

30 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

41 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

51BSL3hjSnL._SL1200_.jpg

He said 10 ft plugging rod so salt water is that he means.   Especially with the 1 to 4 oz..  although I guess he could be musky fishing but given our location in nj beach plugging fid is a safe assumption..  the brand's here mentioned are hi end.   200 to 300.  Add a middle of the road reel say a saragosa and your up to 500 or 600 in value.   So no he's not that far off base on his end.. 

Good luck with trade

Could be he has 2 kyaks.  Could be he doesn't have the cash for what he wants and doesn't use the yak much but will surf fish more..  always so fast to pass judgement when you have no clue...

Edited by vdep217

WTF does he say Plugging I only see for LURES 1-4 oz. which can be for S&F and many types of Fishing.   I only asked questions. with no Harm.  Could be and If maybe don't count.  What is-----( so Salt Water is That it Means ) what language is That. Was not Judging as you are.  

Right in the title looking for 10 ft plug rod

5 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

WTF does he say Plugging I only see for LURES 1-4 oz. which can be for S&F and many types of Fishing.   I only asked questions. with no Harm.  Could be and If maybe don't count.  What is-----( so Salt Water is That it Means ) what language is That. Was not Judging as you are.  

50 minutes ago, BucksnBass84 said:

Uuummmmm.....yea.

Yes I'm looking for a saltwater rod haven't  used the kayak much lately and trying to get some better gear for surf casting. 

If you don't plan on dunking the reel often look into the shimano saragosa..  as for rods..  I currently use a 10ft 1 piece seeker called the baby Ula built by pony tail Mike at grumpys.. I love the rod for pensil popping but for lighter plugs it does well but gets heavy...  I will never get rid of it as some know Mike passed away..  coda boy cam give you better insight on surf casting rods...  st one time the ula was too of the line now the technology edith Rods is much more advanced

2 hours ago, BucksnBass84 said:

Uuummmmm.....yea.

Yes I'm looking for a saltwater rod haven't  used the kayak much lately and trying to get some better gear for surf casting. 

Thanks for clearing that up. Codaboy knows what I have and Built. he is a Rod Builder also I donated all my rod building equipment to him. and he has been doing great wraps. I only fish from the Shore and Surf now. If you want to meet up when this heat hot breaks. come September for Bass _ Blues  I have a few outfits you can Demo No need to go wild visit the beaches talk to the guys on the beach casting most will let you demo. Visit the Tackle shops along the shore. just don't get dumped on.  You mentioned 1-4 oz that is pretty light for most plugs and for Metal if needed.  As far as that Kayak many guys launch from the Surf I tried but coming back in is a Dumper.  As far as dunking the Rod -Reel, it will happen more often than not.  I keep a Gallon jug of freshwater in SUV for a quick wash till I get home. Good luck Pm if interested. So get what you need and join the Club it is a Old one.

38734815_1878636615491423_5487778790404784128_o.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

As of now I already have a 9-foot Saint Croix with the new tsunami Shield 5000. It's great but I would like a 10ft to get more distance and to be able to throw a heavier plugs when the fish are out further. I can throw it 3 oz plug with the st. Croix but I lose casting distance. It's a great rod for bucktailing 3/4 to 2 ounces bomb a mile.  So really I could say the hell with it keep the kayak and just use smaller profile plugs. I just figured I'd try to up my game by getting a 10 or 11 footer because the kayak hasn't been used in a while. I do have a 10 foot tsunami airwave Elite but that thing is more like a bait rod than a pluging rod trying to sell it nobody wants it so far. 

• 3 weeks later...