IGNORED

Hunters Wanted ...

you really can't judge until you see it.  The price could be well worth it for quality hunting, but 10 guys you don't even know, could easily equal 10 major headaches.  It could be really awesome or a complete waste of time if you want chance at quality mature bucks with that much pressure.   Might be worth looking into though - often with these leases those that live closer can have a big advantage and perhaps much of the 10 guys won't be there much at all and some possibly just for 6 day.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

you really can't judge until you see it.  The price could be well worth it for quality hunting, but 10 guys you don't even know, could easily equal 10 major headaches.  It could be really awesome or a complete waste of time if you want chance at quality mature bucks with that much pressure.   Might be worth looking into though - often with these leases those that live closer can have a big advantage and perhaps much of the 10 guys won't be there much at all and some possibly just for 6 day.  

I agree, worth the look for those interested.  There are so many variables.  I have about 7 guys that can hunt the 124 acres I manage for a buddy in Sparta.  On any given day, we have only 4 of them that archery hunt and never had more than 3 on property at once.  We have one of them that only hunts predators, and we have one that only hunts 6 Day.  So it's not the same as all 7 of us hunting an average of about 18 acres each at the same time.  The key for my group is communication.  We never have issues bumping deer on another hunter already in his stand because our guys communicate and avoid those situations.  Texts in a stand are no big deal these days.  We also post on our "secret" Facebook page before heading up to hunt.  Most guys hunt their own stands and two buddies use climbers mostly, but all stands are open if nobody else is hunting it that day, so we keep them in good shape and take them down after the season ends so straps don't rot or dig into the trees too much.    

Just now, Bucksnbows said:

I agree, worth the look for those interested.  There are so many variables.  I have about 7 guys that can hunt the 124 acres I manage for a buddy in Sparta.  On any given day, we have only 4 of them that archery hunt and never had more than 3 on property at once.  We have one of them that only hunts predators, and we have one that only hunts 6 Day.  So it's not the same as all 7 of us hunting an average of about 18 acres each at the same time.  The key for my group is communication.  We never have issues bumping deer on another hunter already in his stand because our guys communicate and avoid those situations.  Texts in a stand are no big deal these days.  We also post on our "secret" Facebook page before heading up to hunt.  Most guys hunt their own stands and two buddies use climbers mostly, but all stands are open if nobody else is hunting it that day, so we keep them in good shape and take them down after the season ends so straps don't rot or dig into the trees too much.    

I forgot to add that the land surrounding your lease or your own land is or can be just as important.  We have a lot of state land on one side, power line right of way another, a preserve on the 3rd side, and Newton Water Supply land on the 4th side which isn't supposed to be hunted (note, "supposed to be").  Our property benefits from state WMA hunting pressure and is a corridor between other properties where there is no hunting.  It's not just something like a 124 acre farm surrounded by homes.  Again, it pays to check things out in person or start with an address and tax maps where you can learn a ton before you drive out to see it in person.  

40 minutes ago, Hopatconghuntet said:

Curious as to why you say this? do you even know the land or the layout? what it holds?

What are your expectations for a piece of property because maybe they are not the same as mine. So do you want to hear my opinion with my expectations for a 300 acre piece of property?

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈