Ms Grit

Hunters Wanted ...

Passing this on for a friend ... “Hunters wanted NJ - $1300 (Sussex/Warren border)
Looking for hunters to be part a great hunting opportunity of a 300 acre farm in Warren county. Property has a good deer herd, bears, and coyotes. This is not a "club", I steward the farm for the owner and to keep deer and bear numbers down to lessen crop damage. The owner allows hunting.

It will be capped at ten hunters. No minimum size for bucks harvested but we do not harvest young bucks or fawns. Stand placement will be on a first come first served basis and have a 150 yard safety buffer.

You must have valid NJ hunting licenses and permits, etc, be a member of the NJ Federation of Sportsmen for the insurance, and provide me a copy of the certificate if you take part.

Email [email protected] for info and how to visit farm.
Leave your name and contact number on email and I will get back to you.”

Edited by Ms Grit
Spelling Error
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Think I'll stick to my $17 senior pass to hunt 6,000 acres.  Thanks for the offer, anyway.  Live To Hunt might bite if you show him pics of 200" bucks on the property.

• Haha 4

Not for nothing, but that's 43 bucks an acre. There are many places charging over 50 an acre here in nj. They are just smaller pieces so the $ doesn't sound as high.

But it would be better to charge more per guy and keep it to about 6 guys 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Not for nothing, but that's 43 bucks an acre. There are many places charging over 50 an acre here in nj. They are just smaller pieces so the $ doesn't sound as high.

But it would be better to charge more per guy and keep it to about 6 guys 

Yea that might be a better idea but I would want to know a lot about the property. Just because it’s private doesn’t make it good and worth that kind of money 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Yea that might be a better idea but I would want to know a lot about the property. Just because it’s private doesn’t make it good and worth that kind of money 

I agree 100% , could be 275 acres of fields LOL

• Like 1

I used to be in a club where it was pretty costly, not far off that price.  The property was similar size, but pretty headache free, lots of deer with some bigger bucks around, no theft.  So depending what you're looking for it could be worth it. 

• Like 5

I looked at properties that were right around that price plus equal initiation and work details. Most of it was too distant for me to get my money's worth. However, a few were very good properties. Had they been closer I might have pulled the trigger and got into the game. There is much to consider as to not only how many hunters on how many acres, (huntable habitat etc.), but to how much the other hunters hunt. I know of a couple where the acreage was run over in short order. 1 man for 30 acres doesn't appear to be overkill if it is all good habitat. It just might be a good fit for some.

Edited by _X7
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1