IGNORED

Broadhead recommendation

Rutting Buck

I'm currently set up with MAP Thunderheads 100 grain broadheads for my compound bow.  This is going to be my first year hunting with a compound bow and this fixed broadhead.  I have been thinking about getting another set up broadheads.  Can you recommend anything?

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Why are you changing? They might work great for you. If it’s all set and your shooting good with them give it a go.  I use RAGE for my crossbow. Thunderheads are a good broadhead. I used them on my compound also. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

26 minutes ago, Rutting Buck said:

I'm currently set up with MAP Thunderheads 100 grain broadheads for my compound bow.  This is going to be my first year hunting with a compound bow and this fixed broadhead.  I have been thinking about getting another set up broadheads.  Can you recommend anything?

I have used almost every head there is out of my Switchback over the years. Ended up back to the originals...Shooting 100 grain 3 blade Thunderheads and love everything about them. I shoot Hypodermics out of the crossbow....

Edited by LPJR

My favortie fixed blade broadhead for the past gew years has been the 4 blade magnus black hornet.  I prefer them to the QAD Exodus.  They fly great, leave massive wounds and have a lifetime warranty.  If you damage one, send them a pic and they send you a free replacement forever.  What more could you want. 

I also have some single bevel Bishop Archery Scientific Method heads.  They sre made of tool steel.  Super sharp and strong.  Fly like darts.  Also have a lifetime warranty, although you'd have to hit it with a rocket launcher to actually damage it

Zwickey Eskimo Fixed Broadhead. :up:

Has always worked for me, Never needed anything else in 50 years.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

1 hour ago, Rutting Buck said:

Nothing wrong with your choice, it's time tested and true. Make sure the blades are sharp.  Those heads put deer down quick provided you do your part. Hell any quality fixed 3 blade does.  Don't overthink it.  Designate some blades for practice and keep some razor sharp for hunting. I do recommend you spin every BH on the shafts you will hunt with and shoot them all (with practice blades).   Make sure every arrow in quiver is good to go. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

12 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Nothing wrong with your choice, it's time tested and true. Make sure the blades are sharp.  Those heads put deer down quick provided you do your part. Hell any quality fixed 3 blade does.  Don't overthink it.  Designate some blades for practice and keep some razor sharp for hunting. I do recommend you spin every BH on the shafts you will hunt with and shoot them all (with practice blades).   Make sure every arrow in quiver is good to go. 

Good advice, like said don't overthink it. I do take it a step further after spin testing and shooting each Thunderhead.  I number them 1, 2, 3 with the first being my best arrow. Top 3 only go in my quiver after installing brand new scary sharp factory replacement blades in each head that was shot and tested...To me, confidence in the shot (true arrow and head combination) is huge and eliminates any issue that I can control at least on my end....

Nothing wrong with thunderheads, they are tried and proven.

only thing you really need to keep an eye on with them is that the O rings are in good shape. If they get dried out change them as they are the whole foundation for keeping the heads solid.

When I shot thunderheads I changed out the o rings for small stainless washers I had milled down to the heads size. They were always super solid then

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/